Friday, December 24, 2010

CCMC130 Sympathy

DSCF4148

Unfortunately, the holiday season is no respecter of persons and I found myself in need of a sympathy card this week.  I thought the sketch from Connie & Mary was perfect:

CCMC130

and I had a chance to break out my new SU set from the upcoming mini, Easter Blossoms:

DSCF4149

The image is stamped on WW textured paper in Basic Black and colored with markers, then spritzed with my Spritzer and a Pink Pirouette marker.  I added some pearls, satin & grosgrain ribbon, and the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes is overstamped with the same image:

DSCF4149

I can’t wait to play again with this set and its other images!

I want to thank all of you who have sent me cards….I have treasured and enjoyed every one of the them!  I wish you all a wonderful Christmas---I probably won’t be posting again until next week!  May your holidays be filled with smiles!

DSCF4144

11 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Leanne I love the card, I think I get asked most for Sympathy cards. I hope you do find time to make a card for the Mashup... not really sure how many people are going to be doing any challenges this week.. and I really really love your stuff!!

Merry Christmas Girl!

Elaine M said...

What an absolutely beautiful card! Love the design - love the colors - the best part is it would be a great card for so many different events.

And of course sugar dumpling smiling for all the world - my goodness what a joy she is.

Hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas. Love ya kid!

Deb said...

This is really beautiful! What a great sympathy card! Thanks for sharing your card for the Create with Connie and Mary challenge!

Mary Brown said...

Leeanne...I am sorry for your loss. Your card is beautiful (as is ALL your work)! Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lesley said...

Hi LeAnne,
Love this pretty card, I am sorry for your loss. I hope you have a wonderful holiday with friends and family. I am nursing a food hangover this morning! Whew! Too much chocolate!!
Hugs to you and thank you for your card!
Lesley

Julia Aston said...

What a great sketch - and a lovely sympathy card... wonderful colors and circle of pearls - hope you had a blessed Christmas LeAnne!

Debbie Henderson said...

Leanne, your card is gorgeous. This card could be used for any occasion, too bad it had to be a sympathy card but I'm sure will be well loved for it's beauty! Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

What a lovely card, LeeAnn and I'm so sorry that you had to make a sympathy card at this time of year. You did a beautiful job on this.

Lisa Martz said...

Your card is lovely! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful card...love how you used that set! I'm sorry you needed the sympathy card, though! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Julie Marshall said...

Hi Leanne! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my card. I follow your blog religiously through Google Reader and I so enjoy not only your cards, but your granddaughter's pictures as well. She's a cutie!!!

This is one of my favorite cards that you've done along with the felt mittens ;) Thanks for sharing with us!