Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Color Throwdown #122

I actually had a chance to participate with my CTD teammates today! Laura is our hostess with these beautiful seasonal colors:

swatch 122

I had seen this lovely CAS card on SCS and thought it was a nice way to use just a portion of the Christmas Collage background stamp, so I stamped the image on Very Vanilla in Chocolate Chip ink and cut it into sections:

DSCF2055

I colored the holly with inks and blender pen, then added some Gold Painty pen around the edges and added a few little “water spots” with the spot image from French Foliage. The Pear Pizzazz panel was cut with the Top Note diecut; I added a lace, seam binding and gold thread bow captured with an Antique brad; and finally finished it with my little chickadee from Crafty Secrets’ Vintage Christmas.

DSCF2056

I couldn’t find my white gel pen (my desk is a MESS) but when I do, I’ll add some highlights to my berries! I hope you can find time in your busy schedule to play along with us. This will be our last CTD challenge for the year, but we’ll be back in January with some new ones for you! You can check out all the other designers’ samples here:

DSCF2057

This also qualifies for the Little Red Wagon challenge #58, to use a diecut; and Stampin' Royalty's Winter Holiday challenge #49!

  • Stamps: Christmas Collage, French Foliage, Vintage Christmas, Crafty Secrets
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz Patterns DP
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Riding Hood Red
  • Acc: Top Note, Daubers, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Chantilly Crochet Trim, gold thread, dimensionals, Antique Brad, blender pen, Gold Zig Painty pen

16 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oohhhh, love that gorgeous layered ribbon treatment!

Laura Pryor said...

Wow, this is totally gorgeous! I love love love the focal image and love how you added the gold to the edge like that! It looks like a piece of art I would hang on my wall it's so pretty! Love it! So glad you hung out with us this week!! :)

Bev J. said...

Pretty, love the piece of the bg stamp-so Christmas!

Loved the photo of your sweetie yesterday!

Janine said...

This is sssssssooooooo pretty Leanne!!

Carol L said...

Love those colors, and especially the little bird stamped in the corner! So pretty!

Sue said...

This is - quite possibly - the prettiest Christmas card I've seen so far this card-making season! I love the partial collage image, but I ADORE the bird in the corner - genius!

ChristineCreations said...

Absolutely lovely LeAnne! Beautifully layered ribbon, and a gorgeous focal piece....

Avril Tanner said...

absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Christina said...

Oh my word, Leanne, this is perfection! I love that you chose just a portion of the collage image and added the beautiful bird in the corner. Absolutely gorgeous!

Denise Willerton said...

LeAnne~ wow wow wow~ the creativity is just flowing, and I'm in a slump...I think I need some play time this afternoon ~ I'm going to give this a shot! TFS and have a wonderful day! You continue to inspire me greatly LeAnne!

Lynn Put said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Leanne!

Tammy Hershberger said...

*thud* (jaw... hitting the floor! GORRRRRRGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

LeAnne, I KNOW I always say your cards are goorgeous.... BUT THIS IS REALLY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

dpkennedy said...

This is SO beautiful! It's elegant and classy and so sweet! I want to kiss that little chickadee! Will this find it's way to my mail box? How's that for a hint? Mwah!

Deborah Frings said...

What a lovely card. I love the sweet little bird.

Anonymous said...

wonderful card! It was the inspiration for the cards I posted today! TFS! : )
Pam Going Postal