Saturday, August 1, 2009

Razzleberry Lemonade

DSCF4774-1

I was totally inspired by the cards Becky Oehler showed on her blog here, so I got out my Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper and started cutting.

DSCF4768-1

What a fun way to use lots of small pieces of DP--and be treated to all those fun colors and patterns!  But I noticed when I have a project like this at my stamp camps, sometimes my customers have a hard time mounting and centering these smaller pieces.  So I came up with an easier way to ensure that your panel is even and centered.

DSCF4763

DSCF4765

DSCF4766

DSCF4767

DSCF4768

I made another card while I was playing, but this time, I wheeled a piece of Melon Mambo with the jumbo wheel Cornelli Lace in Versamark, then heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice EP for a totally different effect:

DSCF4769

Here's a little closer view of the embossing:DSCF4774

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for visiting today!  And here is another fabulous birthday card I received from Beth:

DSCF4759

and from Robyn:

 DSCF4760

Thanks ladies!

  • Stamps:  Circle Circus, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Holiday Blitz, Cornelli Lace jumbo wheel
  • Paper:  Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, WW, Razzleberry Lemonade
  • Ink:  Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Versamark
  • Acc:  Polka Dot Ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop punch, Dimensionals, scrap paper, Iridescent Ice DP, Heat Tool

12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love your paneled cards LeAnne! what great colors - super embossing too - and Happy B'day - what pretty cards you received!

Nicki said...

They are very pretty Leanne, love the pinks! scrummy! love the lolly on the birthday card too!
take care
Nicki
x

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous Razzleberry cards, LeAnne and great technique for lining things up! I LOVE how that lacy stamp looks with the Iridescent Ice EP!

Jean Franks Beck said...

What a great idea for those panels - love those colors, and the cards came out so very pretty!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love your panel cards! Thanks for the tip for getting the panels evenly spaced! I needed that!
BTW - belated Happy Bday!

Ann said...

Such a fun and cheery card!!! I definitely want to play with my patterns more now that I'm inspired by all the PTI girls.

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE that razzleberry lemonade card with the panels!

Kathleen said...

Girl!!! I just left her blog and I LOVED her card! I'm going to try to make one of those, too! I have no idea when, we have family in town right now and then we'll have some other out of town guests---this really limits the stamp time! Glad you found some~

kathleenh said...

Clever way to add the dp scraps to the card!

Juanita said...

What wonderful birthday cards you have gotten.
I like the pattern card you have there, I am far to effecient with my scraps, I would have to make scraps to be able to make this card :)

Stamp and Smile said...

LeAnne... what an AWESOME tutorial and I'm always looking for ideas to use up my scraps! And I have this DP on order... I'm probably the only girl in the USA that doesn't own it... Ha! :)

CherylQuilts said...

LeAnne, I love this idea! I have all these pieces tucked in my 6x6 pads and just keep collecting them. Love your work!