Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Color Throwdown #56

DSCF4991

Broni is our hostess today and she has chosen some fresh new Stampin'Up! colors for our challenge:

CTD 56 swatch

Our sponsor this week is Rubbernecker Stamps!  Be sure to check the Color Throwdown blog to get all the details about this wonderful company and what they're giving away this week!  EVERYBODY needs to check this out!!!  Remember, you don't need these exact colors to play, in fact, Broni has given some substitutions on the CTD blog, so check it out.  Post your creation on your own blog or an online gallery, and use CTD56 as the keyword.  Then come back to the CTD blog and link your post, (not just the blog address) to Mr Linky so we all can see your creations!!  You may be just lucky enough to be chosen the Featured Stamper, and then be in the running for a Guest Stamper spot!  So lets get on to the card!

When I saw this new Coffee & Tea Inchies set, I knew I would LOVE it.  In fact, I think I will just keep this card for myself and not give it to anybody!!! LOL!!!  'Cuz I LOVE COFFEE!!!  What do you think:

DSCF4989

I love these colors together, too; the new SU Thoroughly Modern DP works perfectly with this color combo.  I did a variety of paper piecing after stamping each image with Soft Suede.  I used the dots from IBBG for one Dusty Durango coffee cup; the DD coffee pot, I freehanded the zig zag lines with a marker.  The "i" was also drawn with a marker; the heart is from the 3-heart punch by SU.  Nesties and circle punches made the layers, and the polka-dot Dusty Durango ribbon finished it off.  You can barely see it, but I also stamped "coffee" in Fresh Snow (PTI) on the dotted DP.  Mmmmm, I can smell my java brewing now. 

So lets see what the others made with this warm fall color combo:

 The little details:

  • Stamps: Coffee & Tea Inchies, Rubbernecker
  • Paper:  Confetti White, Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay, Thoroughly Modern DP
  • Ink:  Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Fresh Snow (PTI)
  • Acc:  Nesties, Circle Punches, Polka-Dot Ribbon, 3-Heart Punch, Dimensionals

22 comments:

Linda said...

LOVE IT! This is a great card. I can almost smell the coffee. I can see where you stamped it on the background. It looks great. I am a tea girl but I love the smell of coffee. Nice that there is tea in the set too.

Kelley Eubanks said...

I love it! I don't blame you for wanting to keep it! Too cute!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

So sweet!!! I like this coffe cap!!!Nika

Barbara said...

I love this, LeAnne!!! What a great way to use those images!!! And I love the way you used the colors!

Carol L said...

Oh, I love this card and I love coffee too! The colors this week are awesome, and the details on this card are all fabulous! Good to the last drop!

Caryl P said...

Yummy, coffee!!! I love this card, and all those different coffee elements. Fabulous work, I can't wait to play!

Denise Clark said...

I love coffee too and this card has all the elements of a great cup of joe! Love this! These colors are just wonderful!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, this is beautiful! Love that dp! It's such a nice compliment to the coffee theme! Great design LeAnne!

Rose said...

This is a fun color combo, LeeAnne! I love coffee and I love this card ;)

Cathy Rulli said...

What a fun card LeAnne!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is absolutely adorable! I love the layout with the big rectangle and the ribbon to the side, and all those little coffee cups are terrific! You rocked these colors!

Renee said...

Gorgeous! These colors are beautiful!! I know I've said this before but you are so talented and I look forward to seeing all your creations!

Broni said...

What a wonderful card! I love coffee too and these colors were really perfect for this set! I love the word coffee stamped on the dotted DP too!

Candy said...

Fabulous coffee card!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Aww, LeAnne... God has blessed you with such talent! I'm looking at your posts and what FANTASTIC work! This card ROCKS... SMILES! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this card a LATTE!
sorry its just so cute

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOWZER, LeAnne, this is stunning!!! I am coffee girl, so this is right up my alley and your colors, gorgeous!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Good Lord, girl....your on a roll with cranking out these fabulous cards today!! WOWza, I am loving this one! Awesome colors for todays CTD....I will be playing along tomorrow since I can't be out eating & shopping with you ladies. Boo hoo!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very cute coffee themed card! Great inspiration for the throwdown! :) TFS

Sylvia said...

Great card LeAnne! Love all the cups, mugs! Great set with these colors.

Ann said...

Such a fun and cute card!!!

Elise said...

Ohhh, my coffee loving friend: I share your passion for that divine nectar! {Me thinks I shall pause for a second cup!} This card is ADORABLE! Such fun to see all of the DT cards taunting us mortals to partake of the challenge! Great stuff, lovely LeAnne!