Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Another Christmas Card

DSCF5010

A quick post for today's CC232 at SCS, as well as a sketch at Stamping 411, which is a new find for me!  Here's the sketch:

ssc112 My fingers were itching to add some more "stuff" to this card, but since the sketch was clean and simple, I wanted to keep with that look. 

 

 

 

DSCF5009

I pulled out a new set, Tree Trimmings, and stamped it in Taken with Teal and Close to Cocoa, on a Very Vanilla panel, which are the challenge colors.  These are so close to the new Thoroughly Modern DP, which features Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede, I had to use it to bring out those nice colors.  The ornament was stamped again and popped up; the words are stamped on Vellum cardstock and adhered behind the main image; the little reindeer from Winter Post was stamped directly on the DP.  A little Close to Cocoa eyelet border was added too.  Easy!!  Thanks for visiting today!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi LeAnne!! This is beautiful!! That deer is so elegant looking!! Really love the fun vellum tabs on the side too!! TFS!!

Lisa Foster said...

Wow LeAnne! This is SO elegant!!! Perfect colors too! I've been scrolling back through your blog...and you have just made some amazing projects! Hugs, Lisa

Susan Raihala said...

What a creative card! Love how all the elements reinforce each other. And the vellum sentiment tabs are just cool!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Gorgeous! I love your color combo!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi LeAnne! This is such a beautiful Christmas card! Great combination of the sketch & colors! :) TFS

Unknown said...

LeAnne
Wow! I want to be on your Christmas card list! This
is gorgeous!
Sharon L

Harriet Skelly said...

I love this card LeAnne - I saw it first on SCS and it went right into my favorites! I never heard of that blog where you found this sketch - thanks for the info!

Caryl P said...

I am in awe of this card, just gorgeous!!!!

Elaine M said...

WOW O WOW!! Love the colors you used - what a great card!!
Elaine Moore

Juanita said...

love the use of the vellum as the sentiment panels. Great thinking. The colors are so great and this card is just so serene and ... wonderful. I love it.

Barbara said...

Beautiful, LeAnne, just beautiful! You're really building up a nice stash of Christmas cards.

Carol L said...

This card is just AWESOME with a capital A!! I LOVE how you stamped the deer image on the dsp and then added that gorgeous ornament! The vellum sentiment panels are genius!! This is one of my favorites, fer sure!!!

Selene Kempton said...

This is just gorgeous! All the operators just love what you did here, so much so that you made our stampers showcase this week! Thanks for playing along and sharing your talents!

Lynn Put said...

What a wonderful Christmas card LeAnne! Very pretty!
Congrats on being one of the cards chosen for the 411 challenge!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE the sentiments on vellum!

Judy said...

Wowza! I have all the makings for this beautiful card...WHY didn't I think of that?! Love your card! Congrats on being a 411 Star!

Ann said...

Ooooh, I love the colors and the vellum! Fabulous card!