Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Color Throwdown #57

Hi everyone--this greeting comes from the sunny shores of Delaware, where I am on vacation! This week the Color Throwdown hostess is Cathy, and she has chosen Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Positively Pink as her colors! I substituted Pixie Pink and you should feel free to do that also, if you don't have these exact colors! We want everyone to play!

This week our sponsor is My Creative Classroom--you need to hop over to the ColorThrowdown blog to see what they're all about! They were new to me, and wow, what a lot of stuff they have to offer! Once you create your card, post it on your blog or an online gallery (use CTD57 as your keyword), then post it to Mr Linky! You might get chosen to be a Featured Stamper or even a Guest Designer for October!

I chose something simple for my card since I was in the midst of getting ready to go away. This is a totally-Dawn McVey-inspired card! But it was so much fun to make:



I am so struggling with my photography; even this card, taken outside, was troublesome! Anyway, the base is Bashful Blue with some retired DP on top, then Cert Celery and a Swiss Dotted white panel. The flower, cut from my Blossom Nesties, was stamped with different polka dots from the PTI Polka Dot Basics set; the leaves are stamped in Background Basics: Text Style, trimmed, folded, then run through my crimper. The sentiment is from Vintage Picnic Basket, stamped on a Ribbon Tags Trio diecut. Ribbon was from my stash; the center of the flower is from SU's Circle Circus with some generic bling added! Now let's see what the other CTD designers did this week:

18 comments:

Leonie said...

What a beautiful and fun card :)

Denise Marzec said...

GORGEOUS card, LeAnne! Love those Blossom nesties!!

Oh, and btw, I'm LOVIN' my Scor-Pal and candle SOOOO much!! :)

Carol L said...

Oh, what a pretty flower!! The more I see this Nestie used, the more I want it! LOL I struggle with taking a good photo of a white card too, but I can see all of the beautiful details on this pretty card :)
I hope you're having a blast on vacation, soaking up some sunshine and cool ocean breezes!

Anonymous said...

I am also having trouble with photography. I like to blame my Kodak digital. I'm through lugging big cameras with bigger lenses. I always miss the impromptu shots with those. I hate to tell this, but I was watching HSN and they had a new Olympus. I bit. I bought. THEN I went online and, according to Olympus, it will be out September 1.............for $100!!!!!!!

I bought a cheap piece of crappola!! But HSN threw in the large, 64 piece of Crayola crayons WITH a SHARPENER!!

(That had me confused at the time too, but who wouldn't jump at THAT offer!)

Jackie said...

I love that card! I have that Nestie and haven't used it much - love what you did with it.

Barbara said...

Beautiful, LeAnne!! LOVE that flower!

mudmaven said...

Just gorgeous LeAnne! Love the bling. ~chris

Sabrina Jackson said...

LeAnne, this is just breathtaking!!!! I love this big flower. Now I know I should have bought that die. Hmmmm, maybe I should go and order it now ;D never too late right? Enjoy your getaway. Hugs, Sabrina

Sylvia said...

LeAnne, Your card is Awesome! I have been trying so hard to get my stamp room finished that my card brain is not working this week. Thanks for the fun.

Tammy Hershberger said...

*thud* Ooops, could someone please pick my jaw up off the floor???

OMGosh, I LOVE this! Beautiful card, LeAnne! And I see NOTHING wrong with your photography either!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, LeAnne! I am lovin that huge flower! Nice job with today's CTD Challenge.
Have a fun at the beach!

Broni said...

So beautifully done, LeAnne! I am so loving that big, bold flower!!

Renee said...

Very pretty! I'm off on Friday so I'll have to play along!

Ann said...

Your flower is gorgeous!!! Love this card!

Lisa Foster said...

So beautiful, Le Anne! Super fun challenge too! Hugs, Lisa

Deb said...

What a sweet card!! I have that nesties die but haven't tried layering it as you have here....you've inspired me to try one. I just love this!! TFS :-)

Cathy Rulli said...

Such a pretty card!!!