Monday, August 31, 2009

Q.T. Hooty

DSCF5063

Well, we are back from vacation--don't you always feel like you need a vacation FROM vacation?  Laundry, (including a repair for the dryer that bit the dust the day before we left),  putting things away, cleaning your dusty house, staring aghast at the garden that got away from you in just one week.....sometimes it doesn't feel as if it is worth it!  But we had a nice quiet time visiting my dad; no stamping time, but I did play with some new Copics and colored in some RAK images I had!

I came home to find out that a young woman in our church was in the hospital; her mom is a friend and customer, so I reached for the little sick QT Hooty image from Pink Cat Studio  to make her a card.  I used (roughly) the Fall to Layout Sketch #55 from Clean & Simple Blog:

Fall to Layout #55

and used some new Cosmo Cricket Early Bird 6x6 paper from Hope Stamps Eternal:

DSCF5065

Sentiment is from PTI; other cardstocks are Bashful Blue and Summer Sun; twill is from Taylored Expressions; button & flower are both retired from SU!  I used the "Hooooope you get better" sentiment on the inside as well!  I hooooope she likes it!  This is also for today's Clean & Simple challenge #30 at SCS, which is to remake a card; I chose this card from a while back:

Owl

 

Obviously, a different image; different papers, a little simpler!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for visiting today---I am going to try to get caught up on my Reader--but at over 900 posts, I doubt that will happen!!!  Have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

mudmaven said...

Very cute! Good luck with that catch-up plan. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and hit that "mark as read" button - saves the old eyesight! ~chris

Sabrina Jackson said...

LeAnne, both of your cards are absolutely adorable!!!! Glad you made it back all right. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Ann said...

LeAnne, these are both just darling--sure to brighten anyone's day! :D

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Welcome Back! Love your Get Well card - great remake!

Linda said...

900! wow. That is almost as much work at the laundry and cleaning.
I love both cards. Glad you are back. I have missed your post. I start back to school tomorrow. Well I have been back the kids come tomorrow. My blogging is going to slow down now.

Danni said...

These are both awesome!! Love them!

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

Both cards are sooo cute! Love the owl's and the colors! FANTASTIC!

ChristineCreations said...

I LOVE your layout on the first get well card! It's just so cute! It IS hard to come back from vacation. I totally agree! Hopefully you're caught up and settled soon!

Juanita said...

I really like how that first getwell card turned out. Very happy colors and a simple layout!
(great coloring)

Carol L said...

WB LeAnne, I'm glad you had a nice time with your father.
These cards are sure to bring a smile to the recipients face - they brought one to me already:)

Natasha said...

This is adorable!

dpkennedy said...

Aww, these are both so cute! That was so sweet of you!

WV: lester...lester the molester? Geez, I hope not!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Your Hooty's are adorable! Great cards!