Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Diva Coffee Break Designs Challenge #141

DSCF4965

Hi everyone!  Welcome back to our DCBD Challenge--this week, we have a sketch for you to try:

DCBD141

While "playing" at my upline, Pennie's, she cranked out a couple of these cool Lattice diecuts with her Big Shot.  I took a little creative license and used one of the diecuts, which has four "squares" in it, as the foundation for my card:

DSCF4968

I have been "challenging" myself for these sketch challenges to use colors that I wouldn't normally use.  I hardly ever use Brilliant Blue, so I thought I would try pairing it with the new Rich Razzleberry.  It did turn out a little bright---but it is a get well card, after all!  Not sure I will use these colors again, but I do like the sketch!  The Lattice piece is layered over a piece of RR Patterns DP, and flowers from Eastern Blooms have been stamped, cut out and popped up on dimensionals in the center of each lattice "square".  I added centers stamped in Brilliant Blue as well.  The whole panel is layered on Brilliant Blue cardstock, and I used the Modern Label punch to highlight the words from Thoughts and Prayers.  It fits nicely onto one of the labels from Lots of Labels diecut; little brads and polka-dotted ribbon finish it off.

So check out what the other Divas have come up with this week---there are some beautiful creations there this week!   Check them out on the Diva Coffee Break Designs blog, then post your own creation there using Mr Linky!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

  • Stamps:  Eastern Blooms, Thoughts and Prayers
  • Paper:  WW, Brilliant Blue, Rich Razzleberry, RR Patterns
  • Ink;  Rich Razzleberry, Brilliant Blue
  • Acc:  Big Shot, Lattice Die, Lots of Tags Die, Modern Label Punch, Polka-dotted Ribbon, Brads, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Juanita said...

Nice work. I just got that die on Monday and have a few things I want to try out with it.
I like the combo of Brilliant Blue and Razzleberry. I hardley ever use the blues from the Rich Regals line. They are tough for me. You picked a great color combo and really rocked a sketch challenge!

Barbara said...

This is stunning!!! I might have to have that die now that I've seen it in action ;-)

Caryl P said...

This is stunning. I've loved the die but couldn't picture what to do with it exactly. Love the color combo too, it's nice to step out of the comfort zone sometimes!

Carol L said...

Ohhhh, you're such an enabler making a card with that gorgeous die:) I love the little flowers and I love the colors too!

Stephanie said...

This is gorgeous! I love it and definitely want to case it!

Stamp and Smile said...

WONDERFUL card!! First I have the Modern Label Punch on order and never would have thought to use it with that die, which I have that too! Also your colors works so well together... YOU AMAZE me!! :) Michelle

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, great color combo

mudmaven said...

I really like the color combo - unusual, but for a get well card it would be very cheery! You are so neat and tidy cutting out those flowers - mine only look that good in my dreams! Going to have to get that lattice die now though, keep seeing such gorgeous things done with it. Also, really like the combo of the punch and die label combo - good idea thanks! ~chris

Jean Franks Beck said...

Gorgeous! Reminds me of a double wedding ring quilt - beautiful color combo, too.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty! LOVE the lattice work! (But please don't go and make ME use Brilliant Blue!)