Sunday, August 2, 2009

Little Red Bread Box

To go along with my apron card from yesterday, I remembered a cute little bread box from Mary Jo at Techno Stamper that would work nicely with the bread I've been making with the plethora of zucchini from my garden!  Now it doesn't "match" my apron exactly because I thought it would be a little overkill to stamp all those flourishes on my cardstock, plus I wanted to play with some other stamps!  So here's what I came up with:

DSCF4787

The base is Real Red and the DP is from an older Christmas slab. I stamped the image from the PTI Vintage Picnic set in Palette Noir and actually used my Copics for coloring!!! I used the Labels 4 Nestie, with a little tweaking, for my mat....as I look at it, I think I could have done something a little different with the image panel, but it's glued on there now....next time!  I cut out a tag from the Nestie Tag Trio--first time I broke into that one---and stamped the sentiment from the Vintage Picnic Sentiments.  What great sets these are!!!  That'll get tied around my bread.  Here's a peek at the empty box:

DSCF4790

 

 

 

 

and a close up of the image:

DSCF4788

This is SO easy to make, it looks like you slaved for hours--why don't YOU try one?  And visit Mary Jo's blog and tell her thanks for the awesome tutorial!  Thanks for visiting me today!  And here are a couple more birthday cards from my stash:

From my friend and downline Linda:

DSCF4750

and from Denise (peanutbee):

DSCF4757

and from my CTD teammate, Barbara:

DSCF4755

13 comments:

Susan said...

Hi LeAnne, I am so happy to have stopped by your blog today, I have some bananas sitting on my counter to make into bread...your container is so perfect and inspiring! Thanks for the link to Mary Jo's and the inspiration.

Pam Speidel said...

This looks SO YUMMY! Presentation is everything and whoever gets this is going to be IMPRESSED! Sure wish I had a slice right now! Happy Belated B-day2 U Leanne!

Ann said...

LeAnne, I love the colors you used, and the scalloped edge around the top of the box is too cool. BUT the best part is the yummy bread inside...mmm!!!

mudmaven said...

LeAnne this is just too cute. Thanks for the link to the tutorial too. Great idea! ~chris

MJ said...

This is fabulous LeAnne. I am so glad you gave my tutorial a try, it turned out great! Thanks for linking to it here. And by the way -- happy birthday, better late than never.

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is great LeAnne! So cute!! Makes me want to go make some bread so I can make a box for it... well... maybe that is too much work! :)

Kim Evans said...

How stinkin' cute is this bread box?!!! You've outdone yourself with this....bet the bread was good, too! LOL!! I'm off to visit MaryJo now. TFS!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

The bread box is brilliant and quite adorable. The colors are fanstastc. It makes a terrific presentation. Thanks a whole bunch for the tutorial .

Nicki said...

Hi Leanne, mmmmm that looks scrummy! love all the cards too, they really lovely, hope you had a lovely day?
hugs n stuff
Nicki
x

Anonymous said...

OH my!! What a really fun project!! Thanks so much for the link!! Cute projects hun!! HUGS

Juanita said...

I might make bread for everybody at Christmas and pack it in these super little boxes! How perfect is that!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Now that is CUTE! And LOVE your birthday cards, too!

Stamp and Smile said...

Oh, LeAnne.. I JUST {{HEART}} your bread box!! I'm a baker to and love this idea. You did an amazing job on this beauty! And again some fabulous birthday cards... you are such a sweet and genuine person! And it shows!! Hugs... :)