Saturday, August 1, 2009

Red Flourished Apron

DSCF4785

This is kind of a weird card....cute, but odd.  The SCS Inspiration Challenge #191 was from Heavenly Hostess, which has all kinds of cool aprons, towels & mitts!  This apron was my inspiration; I got the apron template from Anna Wight's post here.  (Hers is much cuter---I was in a hurry.)  So here ya go:

DSCF4784

The little tag actually fits into the pocket.  The card opens at the top of the apron.  The flourish image, stamped in Real Red, is from Friends 24-7, and the sentiment is PTI's Mixed Messages.  I also stamped a couple little flourishes from Everyday Blessings on the pocket.  DP is retired Hostess pack from SU also.  The tag is a CB diecut; ribbon is retired SU red organdy.  I sponged some Sahara Sand around the edges to give it a little depth.  I have a picnic to attend tomorrow, so I will put this with some zucchini bread for the hostess!  TFL--I am off to my porch to relax and work on a crossword puzzle!

Oooh, I almost forgot......there is a new sketch challenge blog coming soon called Get Sketchy; check it out --they have prizes!

Get Sketchy Blinkie

13 comments:

Sylvia said...

LeAnne, This is just too cute. Really fantastic!I sat down to check e-mail, I am in the middle of painting the kitchen and breakfast room. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog! Have a wonderful weekend!

Ann said...

Oh my, LeAnne, this is totally cute!

Kim Gasper said...

This is FABULOUS!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh this is so cute! I love it!

Nicki said...

What a cute idea! for minute thought it was lifesize! coz that would be FAB wouldnt it? but it is sooo cute! love the colours they so bold and FAB! love it Leanne
and thanks for lovely comments by way xXX
Nicki
x

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is too cute!! I love your apron!! :)

Susan said...

what a delightful challenge card, LeAnne! Thanks for the link to Anna's template. Somehow I missed this in the gallery over on SCS. Great choice of pattern for a most elegant apron.

Anonymous said...

I like your apron card best of all of them. JudyOR

Leonie said...

OMGosh, this is fantastic, Love, love, love it!!

Anonymous said...

That apron is so sweet. What a great idea. You sure come up with some brilliant things.
Your blog is definately an inspiration.

Juanita said...

I love this, what a perfect gift for a hostess.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Odd? I think not! This is absolutely adorable!

Natasha said...

What a cool card! This is one of the best shape themed cards I've ever seen! Awesome!