Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Color Throwdown #55

Welcome to challenge #55; this week Tammy has chosen these lovely colors for us to play with:

CTD55 swatch

And thanks to Kisa for these cool new graphics!!  This week our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp!  They have tons & tons of stamping goodies!!  For the details, check out the CTD blog!!  Then go see what you can come up with using these cool colors, (substitute something close if you don't have the exact ones), post it on your blog or an online gallery (use CTD55 as the keyword) and then back to Mr Linky on the CTD blog!  Make sure you use a direct post to your card so we can find it easily in case you're chosen as our Featured Stamper next week!!  So here's my card:

DSCF4861

and the inside:

DSCF4857 I used a Hero Arts stamp called Bird in a Cage as well as a Simon Says stamp set called Simply the Best.  I have used two designs from Razzleberry Lemonade's DP and the lacy DP from Basic Grey's Porcelain.  Image is stamped in Stazon; twill is from Taylored Expressions, gingham from SU.  Now lets see what the other designers came up with today!  And thanks for visiting!

Details:

  • Stamps:  Bird in a Cage, Hero Arts; Simply the Best, Simon Says
  • Paper:  Confetti White, Basic Black, Kraft, Razzleberry Lemonade DP, Porcelain DP, BG
  • Ink:  Stazon, Crushed Curry
  • Acc:  Nesties Labels#4, Twill, Gingham Ribbon, Button from Stash, Dauber

19 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hey LeAnne, I had my post set to go live at midnight. You were just a little early! Great card! Thanks for the comments!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Very beautifully, especially a lace stamp. It to looks like a fabric lace!

Nicki said...

Cute, i like this, the stamped image is gorgeous and the papers are so pretty! love the card
Nicki
x

Denise Marzec said...

So pretty!

Broni said...

I love this! It's beautiful, LeAnne! I really love that bird in the cage image!

Lorraine said...

How beautiful. I love that stamp. What a wonderful card!

dpkennedy said...

I love the birdcage stamped on the flourished piece! This is so pretty!

Janine said...

Hi LeAnne Just a beautiful card... Great colors!!

mudmaven said...

Great card LeAnne! Love the dp you used and that bird cage image is really cute. ~chris

Juanita said...

Wow, that black looked a little strong to me, but you worked it in effortlessly.

Barbara said...

I love this, LeAnne! That birdcage is so sweet!

Cathy Rulli said...

Such a pretty card LeAnne!

Renee said...

LeAnne this is too cute!! I love your colors! Great challenge :)

Carol L said...

I just love that little bird cage stamp you used on this sweet card! That lacey panel looks so soft and subtle, I love it all!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card. That stamp is just awesome. I need it!

Caryl P said...

Fabulous card, I love that bird in the cage!

Deb said...

LeAnne, that birdcage looks fantastic stamped on the designer paper!! Love this card, love the lace stamp!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, LeAnne! I love these colors! Hopefully tomorrow I will have a few mins to try this week's CTD.

Tammy Hershberger said...

That birdcage is too cute, and I LOVE your whole design! The Razzleberry paper along with the Porcelain is a perfect match, too!