Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Color Throwdown #54

CTD54 swatch

Yippee!  It's my week for the Color Throwdown again and I challenged even myself this week!  Now, don't look at these colors and say "EWWW" !  It's a challenge, remember?!  My inspiration for these colors was Basic Grey's Ambrosia designer paper.  And Whimsy Stamps is our sponsor and we all had some cute images to use!  You can check out all the details about what's being given away this week on the CTD blog.  Remember, if you don't have these exact colors, use something close, and be sure to share your artwork on your blog or an online gallery (use keyword CTD54) and then link a DIRECT link to Mr Linky back at the CTD blog.  And this week, Sylvia Nelson begins her debut as our Guest Designer for August!

So on with the show:

DSCF4725

Since my image was rather large, I made a 5 1/2" square card.  You can see the different Ambrosia papers on the panels and on her umbrella.  She is colored in with various markers and I hand-drew some flowers on her dress just for fun!  The raindrops are gold Geo Sparklers; the sentiment is from Simon Says, called Simply the Best. I used the 3-Heart punch from SU to punch some hearts from Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango and Blush Blossom and added a little piece of taffeta and some more sparklers.  On the inside, I cut out another pair of boots:

DSCF4726

Oops, forgot to draw on the little loops!  Think anyone will notice?

 

 

 

Now lets see what the other designers came up with:

If you have a question about papers or ink, just shoot me an email!  TFL!  Hope you have time to play with us this week!

21 comments:

Ann said...

Ohhhh, this is entirely TOO cute!!! I love her dress (you drew those flowers?!) and paper pieced boots! And how cute are the boots inside the card?! Shut UP!!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh LeAnne... this is such a great card... everything about it is perfect! I love your Halloween box as well! You have either been busy or I forgot to check in last night! I need to add my new friends to my blog list on my blog so I can see when you update your blog!

Stamp and Smile said...

What a beauty!! I'm just in awwwww over all the fantastic cards and post you have done in the past week. (my blogging time has been cut back, and I thank you for the SWEET comments on my blog!) Have a nice evening... :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card & I loooove your color combo for this week's CTD! :) TFS Hugs, Mona

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Sweet girl!

Barbara said...

Too cute, LeAnne! Love that paper pieced umbrella and the little flowers on her dress!!!

Leonie said...

Gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Oh LeAnne!! You've done a brilliant job with this image!! I love your paper piecing and the colors look wonderful with this!! :) HUGS

dpkennedy said...

She's adorable LeAnne! I love her paper pieced dress and boots! Great card!

Cathy Rulli said...

You did a great job with this LeAnne!

Juanita said...

EEEEK! Four colors!
I love your card, that paper is simply perfection.

Broni said...

This is wonderful, LeAnne!

Carol L said...

Great colors this week LeAnne, and I just LOVE how you colored her dress!! You sure have been busy lately with all the great projects posted here! Wowsa, how do you find the time?! I'm loving it all :)

Darlene said...

Such a FUN challenge LeAnne ... great thinking!! Your card is totally adorable! LOVE the paper piecing ... looks fantastic and the little cluster of hearts is a wonderful addition! I'll be "borrowing" that idea, LOL!!

Caryl P said...

Adorable card, I love that umbrella! These colors look fun to work with so I hope I find the time...so much to stamp, so little time!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is so adorable! I love the little extras you added! I would have never guessed those flowers on her dress were hand-drawn! And I love the little boots on the inside of the card!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh MY, her dress and the umbrells look amazing! Fantastic card!

Denise Marzec said...

Love Love LOVE the bright orange umbrella...AWESOME! Great idea to add the rain boots to the inside too. Awesome card, girl!

Nicki said...

Awww this is just sooo cute! the image is adorable! love it
take care hun
Nicki
x

Renee said...

This is so cute...love the image and all the patterned paper :)

Sylvia said...

Great card LeAnne! The colors were great, too. That is what a challege is, a challenge. Love your creations. Thanks for the challenge!