Saturday, August 8, 2009

Beach Memories

DSCF4852

My family spent most summers at Delaware's Rehoboth Beach or Indian River Inlet, camping and swimming and making memories!  On my birthday, both my sisters and my dad went to visit the Rehoboth Beach Museum where they had a sand pail exhibit.  My sister Gail collects sand pails, so she had fun looking at the vintage collection and comparing it to her own!  So when I realized I had NEVER inked up this sweet little Crafty Secrets Seaside set, I had to remedy that!  I am using Tammy's Saturday Sketch Challenge:

PCPSketch080809horizontal

 

 

 

and here is my creation:

 DSCF4851

I really enjoyed watercoloring this little image!  It was stamped with Stazon on watercolor paper and colored with reinkers and an aquapainter.  I cannot remember the source of my DP, sorry, but I sewed it and a panel of Ruby Red on to my Very Vanilla card; the scallop is Soft Sky and the suede ribbon, (which was a RAK from Tammy), adds some texture.  I really resisted adding some glitter to this card; I wanted it to be a little more "homespun" than dazzling.  But that will give me an excuse to use this set again in a totally different way!  I think I will save this as a birthday card for Gail---her special day is in December, so this will be a fun surprise for her!   Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

21 comments:

Ann said...

Wonderful coloring, and I love how you stamped the sentiment on top of an image...I never think to do that!

Carol L said...

I love this sweet beach image and the beautiful job you did coloring it and sewing on this great card!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful, beautiful! I LOVE what you did with the sketch, and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for playing, LeAnne!

Tammy Hershberger said...

P.S. I THOUGHT that ribbon looked familiar!

Anonymous said...

This is a precious beauty, LeAnne! I love it!Your watercoloring is gorgeous as always! Love the sentiment too!
Have a great day!

Caryl P said...

You've created a beautiful scene! The summer memories sound wonderful and the sentiment captures that perfectly.

Andrea said...

You did it again! Made another wonderful card. What a perfect card for your sister. I hope she doesn't read your blog, cuz the cat's out of the bag if she does. :D

Harriet Skelly said...

LeAnne your watercoloring is awesome - I love that sweet scene!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Wow... awesome watercoloring! This is gorgeous!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very pretty, you did a great job on the watercoloring! Love the image

Beth said...

I love this card Leanne! What a beautiful little beach scene and such a wonderful sentiment to go with it! Great stitching too! tfs

ChristineCreations said...

I LOVE this Crafty Secrets set...and don't have it! So I will drool from afar :)

Carol (HB) said...

The coloring is just BEAUTIFUL! What an adorable creation!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very cute card! What great memories to share with your sis & dad! :) TFS

Denise Marzec said...

Loooove this set, it's definitely one of my favorites from Crafty Secrets. Love your layout and colors to go with it. Gorgeous card!

LaurieF said...

Fabulous watercoloring on that sweet image LeAnne! Beautiful card and thanks for sharing your wonderful memories.

Susan (rainy) said...

LeAnne your coloring is absolute PERFECTION! This card is so beautiful and such a sweet sentiment. Gail is sure to cherish this wonderful card.

Nicki said...

love the colouring on this! its such a lovley card, such a lovely image, i like that lots!
its a lovely card Leanne
Nicki
x

wendyp said...

absolutely BEAUTIFUL! awesome job with the sketch!

dpkennedy said...

Fabulous watercoloring! Totally adorable card!

Barbara said...

Too sweet! Your water coloring is amazing!