Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Halloween Experiment

Wooo, that conjures up images of cauldrons with bubbling, steamy brews of magic potions....well, that's NOT the kind of Halloween experiment to which I was referring!  While lying in bed, unable to sleep, thinking about stamping, I was intrigued by the idea of brayering some DP to alter the color and create some Halloween paper, so I didn't have to BUY any!  I thought if I brayered Only Orange ink on top of my Rich Razzleberry Patterns DP, it might turn the RR designs into black designs.  Well, it didn't turn quite into black, but I'll let you decide:

DSCF4809

It turned into more of a brown, sort of a Chocolate Chip!!  But still kind of cute, so I went with the brown theme.  My upline, Pennie, had diecut a Box #2 in Chocolate Chip for me, so I made a little Halloween treat box (sorry for the not-so-good photo, I am lazy today):

DSCF4808

To do this, merely ink up a sponge brayer (you can get them at any craft store) and brayer over your piece of DP.  Be sure to roll evenly & completely so you don't get "lines".  And be sure to wash out your brayer when you're done--don't want any surprises next time!  The Little Boo is stamped in Chocolate Chip, as is the sentiment (Teeny Tiny Wishes) and colored with an Only Orange marker; I added a strip of crimped OO and a handle of Chocolate Chip grosgrain.  So although my experiment didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, it was still kind of cool to be able to alter that DP!

I had also promised from more samples from the Catty Cruise set I used, Falling Leaves.  Here are a couple more:

DSCF4805

These both use the acorn motif, which was inked and colored with markers.  Closeup of the place card:

DSCF4807

This uses Dusty Durango and More Mustard; Chocolate Chip for the sentiment; the background is Cornelli Lace jumbo wheel.  I dragged the More Mustard pad right across the cardstock to get that rustic effect.

The treat box is the SU Matchbox Die (SO fun to make!) along with the Hostess Patterns DP:

DSCF4806

I just love these fall colors!  Thanks for visiting today!  And don't forget to come back tomorrow for Color Throwdown, because it's MY turn!!!  Now here are a couple more birthday cards:

From another CTD designer, Cathy:

DSCF4753

and from Wendy (she knows me SO well--I love this set!):

DSCF4754

5 comments:

Ann said...

Oh my, these are cute! Love how you altered your dp!

Juanita said...

In the picture the Razzleberry almost looked like a dark purple. I think it turned out so very well. That is a sweet little treat box.
I am a big fan of your work with Falling Leaves too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous idea on the designer paper! I love it! And more of your leafy projects... they're awesome!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, I LOVE all the goodies on your blog today, LeAnne! Your Halloween paper was fabulous along with the little Boo Ghost, and it looks great on your box! :)
Your Falling Leaves box & name cards are so adorable! I love everything you've done with that set! I'm thinking of ordering that on my next SU order! WooHoo!
I knew you would like that birthday card! I LOVE that set too!

Have a great day my friend!

Renee said...

adorable! I can't believe how busy you've been!