Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Autumn Wreaths

DSCF5027

I am still fussing around "recuperating" from my vacation, so I thought I would post a couple cards I made last month but never posted.  They both use the new SU set, Autumn Days and are both basically the same; one is simple and the other is a little stepped up.

DSCF5026

To create the wreath, I traced a circle on my cardstock in pencil (I think I used a nestie), then just randomly stamped the leaf images in different fall colors, turning the stamp so that the leaf was in different directions as I went around.  I added the spray image, stamped in Gold Encore ink, again, positioning it in different directions.  The background was stamped with the little speckle image from Itty Bitty Backgrounds.  Two "corners" of Brushed Gold cardstock add a little interest.  This card is 4 1/4" square.

DSCF4476

This standard-sized card is created in the same way, but I used Eggplant Envy for the spray instead of gold, and added some accents with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter,  Dusty Durango ribbon, some grosgrain ribbons and a punched element.  The element was made by cutting a punchout from the Curly Label punch and layering it on top of itself to make a narrower embellishment.  The sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes fits perfectly in the Word Window punch and covers up the line where the pieces come together.

Thanks for visiting today!  Remember to come back tomorrow for the Color Throwdown and the Diva Coffee Break Design Challenge!

  • Stamps:  Autumn Days, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, God's Blessings (inside)
  • Paper:  Dusty Durango, More Mustard, Confetti White, Brushed Gold, Old Olive, Soft Suede
  • Ink:  Dusty Durango, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant, Soft Suede, Encore Gold, Ruby Red
  • Acc:  Curly Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, Grosgrain Ribbons, Dusty Durango Polka-Dotted Ribbon, Glue Dot, DD glitter

DSCF4477

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty and colorful LeAnne!! Great way to use those leaves!! :) HUGS

Juanita said...

What a great seasonal wreath. I love it.
I had made a Christmas wreath with my snowflake set from last year, but maybe I need to CASE your wreath and do something more timely...

Nicki said...

Hi Leanne,
havent been about for bit, but just been catching up on your postings and WOW you have been busy!!! loving all your latest creations, they are absolutely beautiful as always!
take care
Nicki
xxx

Laurie Zoellmer said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Now I wish I had this set too, LOL! Nicely done!!!

Regina Mangum said...

Simply...beautiful!

Unknown said...

You're just the cleverest little thing ever!!!! :-)
Kim

mudmaven said...

OMG - this is just gorgeous! Might just have to case this one for my TG cards. What beautiful creations. ~chris

Jean Franks Beck said...

Both of these are gorgeous!! I love to see the simple and the stepped up...both very inspiring!

Kristin Eberline said...

LeAnne~

WOW! These are both gorgeous autumn cards. When I first looked at them my immediate thought was that I need to buy this set...BUT, when I saw the wheat on the second card, it occurred to me that I already have it! I just didn't envision using it in the amazingly clever way you did :O) Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea...giving you credit of course :)

Caryl P said...

What a gorgeous autumn wreath, you are so creative LeAnne!!!! Oh how I wish I had time these days....

penniem said...

LeAnne- these are gorgeous - you have a way with your stamps!!!
Pennie

Doris said...

WOW!! Can you say "CASE"??? Can't wait to try this.

Susan Raihala said...

Amazing card, LeAnne! It's so rich and dimensional with the layered stamping!

Carol L said...

both cards are just gorgeous with all those leaves in the wreaths! WOW!!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous!! I love it!

Ann said...

Love, love, love these cards!

dpkennedy said...

These are gorgeous! Love your colors!

Tammy Hershberger said...

BEAUTIFUL cards, LeAnne!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, LeAnne....this is gorgeous and I just love both versions! This will be going into my fav's folder...I just loves it! TFS

Barbara said...

OMGosh! This is stunning, leAnne!!! I love anything Fall and you've nailed it!

Mary Davidson said...

What a gorgeous wreath!! The colors are beautiful! Love, love, love this card!!

Kristin Moore said...

OH what a neat wreath... and done with a set that I own and never would've thunk! :) Awesome! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kathleen said...

pretty, pretty! This makes me long for fall weather and a nice fire in my fireplace! Thanks for the smile!

joyk said...

They are both fabulous!! I can just hear the leaves crunching!

Stacey Schafer said...

so gorgeous, LeAnne!

Kristin Moore said...

Hey, I know HER! And I know exactly what card Nancy is linking too on her iPICKS for this week: YOU! Yippee, how fun that we made it together!

Jen said...

this card is beautiful! wow! great job! i think fall just hit the northwest this weekend...this is what our leaves are starting to look like!! beautiful card!

Melissa K. said...

Loved this. Very pretty!

Wendy J. said...

Wow Leanne, this is gorgeous! Love the way you made the wreath! Fabulous!

Jenn in GA said...

this is stunning, and such a fanciful way to use those lovely little leaves! thanks for sharing!

Pam Speidel said...

How in the world did I ever miss this post of yours LeAnne?! WOW! I'm loving these wreaths and think you are one super creative stamper to think of this! I can see why Nancy added you to her list of I-Picks this week! You Go Girl!
p.s. may I case this idea?? Love it! :)

LaurieF said...

LeAnne, this is one gorgeous fall card. Fabulous idea!!!!

Cindy Major said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Rose said...

LeAnne, this is GORGEOUS!!

Pam Speidel said...

Hi LeAnne! Happy Weekend! I've been lurking on your blog this morning and just HAD to make one of these AWESOME autumn wreaths! You're brilliant to think of using Autumn Days in this way! Love love love it!!! Watch my blog post, I'm going to rave about U! ;)

Brooke S said...

You are a total genius!! I LOVE IT! I will have to case... My club girls will love it as much as I do for sure...

Can't wait to see what you make for the Catty Cruise.

Hugs
Brooke