Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thoroughly Modern Falling Leaves

This is my last Falling Leaves post for a little while, until I make some more samples!

I had a "play date" at my upline Pennie's and she cranked out lots of new things with her Big Shot and dies, so I hope tol be playing with them along with my Falling Leaves set!!! Meanwhile, let me show you what I made for HER as a little hostess thank you before I went to her house. This only took me about an hour to do!!! A relatively quick little gift and FUN to make! So here
we go:



The pattern for this box is found at SCS here. The paper is Melon Mambo and Thoroughly Modern DP. I also used the Leaves and Lots of Tags die cuts as well as the oval and scalloped oval punches. The lid of the box merely tucks behind that little tag. The leaves die cut covers the front and the top of the box....I used my Tombow glue to make sure it stayed glued! A little corduroy brad added a little extra oomph!








Do you want to see what's inside? Here you go:













Even though my camera's lighting doesn't show it, these colors do match! The leaves are stamped in Melon Mambo and Sahara Sand, then mounted on the little cards. Then I stamped the envelopes:









and so Pennie could choose her own sentiment to add to each card, I stamped several from Teeny Tiny Tiny Wishes, punched them with the small oval punch:









And then bagged them up in a little cello bag which fit right into the box along with the cards and envelopes:

















She really liked it and I had lots of fun making it, too! This little project lends itself to all kinds of images; I loved the fresh color combo that was in the Thoroughly Modern DP and just went with it! Now you try one!
Just a little hint about cutting out patterns: if you choose not to print the pattern right on your cardstock (my printer does NOT like to do that), you can trim your regular paper pattern close to the edges, then use paper clips to fasten it to your cardstock. You can then cut around the edges easily with your Paper Snips, moving the paper clips as you go around. You don't need to trace anything, and you can use that pattern over & over again! Just a tip that Pennie gave me a long time ago!!! TFL!

16 comments:

Ann said...

LeAnne, this is a fabulous little gift set! I love the colors and dots, and that corduroy brad is the perfect finishing touch!

Nicki said...

WOW what a gorgeous creation and a fab gift! i think the colours look gorgeous together Leanne, i like this lots.
Nicki
x

Carol L said...

What a cute gift!! I love that it only took you an hour to put together, and the choice she has of adding sentiments is genius!

Caryl P said...

Fabulous little gift, I'm loving all the falling leaves. Great idea to bag up the sentiments for later addition and thanks for sharing the pattern tip!

Anonymous said...

VERY pretty, LeAnne! I love your little box & cards to boot! What a nice gift idea! Thanks for sharing those tips! :)

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting how joyful I get when creating "little things". I forget that everything doesn't have to be a big masterpiece.

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome LeAnne!!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, this is SO AWESOME! I see a class at the store coming up using this idea!!!

Juanita said...

What a great little gift box. I have been working on a project like that since April or so. I may have been inspired to go revisit it.

Anonymous said...

Hey LeAnne!
Before I headed to bed, I wanted to wish you a very happy birthday girlfriend! Hope you had a fabulous day! :)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic little project!!
I just LOVE the colors!!
Really pretty!!

Carol
www.kooglenotes.blogspot.com

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is great LeAnne... what a great gift. I bet she loved it.... I would have!

Barbara said...

Wonderful gift, LeAnne! I'm sure she loved it!

Kim Gasper said...

What a great little gift idea!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful gift! and I love the idea of the receiver choosing the sentiments she needs! very nice LeAnne!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.