Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nothing Special

Nothing special to show today, just a couple more cards I've made for my stash.....again, one uses a new SU stamp set, the other is from DRS Designs.  Let's do that one first:

DSCF4554

This is heat embossed and watercolored, then simply mounted on some paper from Crafty Secrets' Earthy Pad.  I added a little scalloped edging with my MS punch.  The ribbon is from Rubbernecker---you know I get panicky when there is a big bow on my cards--but I pushed through the panic and put it on there anyway!  And since the paper is double-sided, I added a panel for the sentiment inside:

DSCF4555

I love this---it is a combination of sets, Flourishes' Violets for the flourish and the birthday, and PTI's Vintage Picnic Sentiments.

 

My next one is a blatant CASE from Christine Okken; you can see her version here.  It uses Soft Suede, a new In Color, and Autumn Days.  The wheat is heat embossed with clear EP, then I just sponged around the embossing.  Teeny Tiny Wishes provided the little sentiment. 

DSCF4550

Thanks for visiting; I hope to do some more stamping this afternoon!  Be sure to stop back tomorrow for the Color Throwdown Challenge!  It's Broni's turn to provide the challenge for us, and you won't want to miss it!

12 comments:

Janine said...

Hi LeAnne... Just love that sunflower!! The other one is gorgeous too but I love sunflowers...

Juanita said...

Sigh...I just love Autumn Days. As soon as my order gets here I am so going to CASE your CASE

Nicki said...

WOW love the big sunflower thats FAB! and the big bow is brill, i think it sets it off great! love the other one too, they are both gorgeous, thanks for the comments too, much appreciated!
take care
Nicki
x

Deb said...

Nothing Special??? !! :-) These are really really pretty!!! I too love Sunflowers and any type of Autumn card. I have the Autumn Days on order, can't wait to try my hand at this card, its gorgeous! TFS

Ann said...

Very nice! I love the ribbon on that first card!

Renee said...

LeAnne these are both gorgeous! I love seeing your new cards!

Pam Speidel said...

What do you mean "nothing special?!" These are both so pretty! The second one is my favorite...love this combination of images and the soft colors!

dpkennedy said...

Oooh weeee! These are beautiful!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful cards, LeAnne! LOVE that gingham bow!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh these are awesome!! BAM!

Linda said...

Your card are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! These are breath-taking!!! What do you mean...nothing special?!! HUH?!! These are very special...both gorgeous girl!! :)