Friday, July 3, 2009

More Happy Mail

DSCF4497

Before I show you some MORE happy mail I got, I have one more sort-of patriotic-themed card I made.  This was a hostess thank-you card, and I know my hostess likes anything country and primitive, and she just ordered Darling Dots from her recent party, so here's what I came up with:

DSCF4496

The card base is Bordering Blue with Real Red and Night of Navy accents; I also used Sanded on both the card and the panel.  Everything is shaded with Sahara Sand, and I also "antiqued" the ribbon with a SS marker.  The sentiment is SU's new Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Now, for my happy mail:

DSCF4544

From Juanita; this has an image stamped on a clear sheet, then cut out with the Top Note diecut--look at those darling crocheted flowers!  So sweet!

DSCF4542 And this little cutie from my once-downline Anne; it opens to a little pocket!!

 

 

 

And the day before, she sent me this sweet card:

DSCF4545

I just love that ribbon treatment!

I won't be posting for a day or so as we'll be quite busy with holiday stuff!  In fact, I'm making homemade ice cream right now!!!  YUM!  (I took all the calories out, too!)  Have a fun, safe, happy July 4th in whatever country you reside!

15 comments:

Ann said...

I love that patriotic card, LeAnne! And such pretty RAKs, you lucky girl! ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW, I love your star card!!! I need to break my sanded background out again! :)

Caryl P said...

Love the look of the sanded background!!! Perfect for the holiday. Hope you enjoy every bit of that calorie free ice cream and maybe some sunshine too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I get great cards in the mail too, but I guess I'm too lazy to post them! :( One of these days, maybe I'll surprise everyone with a huge post of all my happy mail!

CUTE card! I love the primitive-feel to it!

Kathleen said...

I love that patriotic thank you---so, so cool! Such a simple layout with a really big punch!!

Rose Ann said...

Wonderful patriotic card, LeAnne! I love the star image you've used, and the background stamp!! Great RAK's too!!

Janine said...

Hi Leanne!!! Love your card and your happy mail is lovely.. Isn't it nice to get those in the mailbox...

Leonie said...

What cool Happy Mail! And your "stars card" is awesome, so simple yet so awesome! Enjoy your ice cream, I think I found your calories over here in my fridge, Melbourne, Australia

Renee said...

I love your patriotic card it so cute! Great RAKS as well!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE the sanded background with the stars. AWESOME!

Carol L said...

Your card is very Americana, and I love the look of it! Nice job!
Wishing you and yours a safe and happy July 4th weekend! Celebrate!!

Nicki said...

wow yet more gorgeous creations Leanne, dont know where you find the time or the inspriation, they are goreous
Nicki
x

Juanita said...

I love your card. You really hit the 'primitive' right on!

Barbara said...

Love that star card, LeAnne! And the Sanded background is perfect! Your happy mail is fantastic!

Stamp and Smile said...

Love your patriotic card!! (In my FAV's it goes!) And such sweet Happy Mail... you lucky girl!! A warm fuzzy for you... &heart;