Saturday, July 11, 2009

Inkspirations Challenge


I thought I would play Makeesha's Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #10--it looked easy and fun, but I really struggled with getting all the layers and stripes right! I finally just gave up and went with what I felt like! It also fulfills the Use It! Challenge, hosted by my bloggin' buddy Ann at Creative Antics. We were to use some texture (I dry embossed and distressed my cardstock), two punches (I used the Wide Oval Punch and Lots of Tags Diecut--sort of a punch!) and paper from my favorite manufacturer--I guess that would be Stampin'Up! And as a bonus, we were to use pearls; I took the liberty of changing that as it would not really go with my masculine theme, so I used a corduroy button! Hope that was okay, Ann!

So here's my creation:


The background was stamped with Tres Chic and Sanded for a rough-textured look, as was the wide oval panel the pheasant is sitting on. The rest are just layers. I do have a little tip for you when using the small stamps from Teeny Tiny Wishes. I never can get them mounted straight, so I always use a stamp-a-ma-jig. I took acrylic sheets from my last clear stamp order and stamped the words that I use most often in STAZON ink (so they won't rub off) on the corners of each sheet and stored them in the box with the stamps. Now whenever I want to stamp, I just pull out the pre-stamped acrylic sheet and I can quickly position it and stamp! Saves me some time!
Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps: Autumn Days, Tres Chic, Sanded, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Paper: Confetti White, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Autumn Traditions DP, Soft Suede, Elegant Eggplant
  • Ink: Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, Handsome Hunter, Bravo Burgundy
  • Acc: Texturz Plate, Big Shot, Lots of Tags Diecut, Wide Oval Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon, Corduroy Button, Distresser, Daubers, Dimensionals

26 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, it's fabulous! And, yes, buttons are okay--pearls were just a bonus item. You rock! Thanks for playing along with me!!!

Linda said...

LeAnne, I love this card. The wide oval is so cool on that die cut. I know that the oval is SU is the die cut behind it? I also love the tip. That will save so much time. Great card!

Nancy Riley said...

Nice job with the sketch, LeAnne! Your card is beautiful! I struggled with those horizontal layers too! You could never tell that you struggled by the looks of your gorgeous card though!

Robyn said...

Its wonderful LeAnn! Especially love the colours you have used and the ribbon with that fab button!

Nicki said...

Love it! love the pheasant, really sweet!
Nicki
x

Carol L said...

This pheasant card is GREAT! I love how you created that awesome sanded b/g!! The colors are great and all the layers are fabulous! I especially liked the tip about the SAMJ, since I'm finally beginning to learn how to use that handy little tool:)

Pam Speidel said...

What a perfectly wonderful masculine creation LeAnne! Love the way you've colored the pheasant. This new set is on my wish list...and would you believe I've never bought the samj! Maybe I need that too! :) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous LeAnne!! I really love your take on the sketch and the colors are amazing!! :)

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne.....this is just jaw-dropping!!! I KNEW as soon as I saw this set in the pre-order that you would create something STUNNING with it!!!!!! LOVE IT!! Must go case it right away!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful masculine card, LeAnne. And I LOVE your tip about those small phrases... I have some other sets that I need to do that with - that's a perfect solution, and it makes using the Stamp-a-majig less time-consuming! As always, TFS :)

Deb said...

oooh, I love the colours in this card!! Your cration is so Beautiful. I just got this set and haven't inked it up yet, I had better get busy and CASE :-)

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

WOW! What a great card! I love all the colors and layers!

mudmaven said...

Love this card! Those layers really make is special and the button is indeed just the right masculine touch. ~chris

kellyjean said...

GREAT card, LeAnne! Beth told me you'd be leaving the Nimbees. :-( but I wish you well! If you ever want to swap in the future, please let me know :-). I will be keeping you listed on my blog as inspiration, girl!

Anonymous said...

I love your card LeAnne! I am seeing so many masculine cards today and it is inspiring me to have a go! LOL! TFS

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is great! I love all the layers... they look awesome!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is stunning! LOVE the fall colors and that LO is so unique. GREAT card!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh cool! Love all the different patterns!

Unknown said...

what a fabulous creation, LOVE this!!
thanks so much for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
♥rae

Barbara said...

Stunning, LeAnne!!! Love that pheasant and your colors rock!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE it!!! I love all the layers you used and the button/ribbon treatment is awesome!

dpkennedy said...

Oooh! I LOVE this! Something about that pheasant...

Oh and the new Quails? I don't know what I need them for, but I need them!

Makeesha said...

WOW LeAnne, this is just stunning and the perfect Masculine card! I LOVE the double stamped background and your coloured pheasant! THanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

mtscrapgal said...

Did you thread the ribbon through the holes in the button and tie a knot? The look of the card is beautiful but I loved the treatment of the ribbon the most.

Juanita said...

Love it. that bird is really growing on me (I liked him to begin with, but now I may love him)

Stamp and Smile said...

O'my word! This card is AWESOME girl... LOVE this set and you enabled me to put it on my wish list!! I'm putting this card in my FAV's right now... :)