Monday, July 27, 2009

More Falling Leaves

 DSCF4683

I promised a couple more Falling Leaves samples this week from the Catty Cruise, so here is one more card:

DSCF4682

I used Autumn Traditions DP and the Modern Label and oval and circle punches as well as Lots of Tags Die Cut for this simple card.  A little bit of linen thread adds a rustic touch.

I also wanted to share with you a RAK I received from my friend Nika in Russia.  We met via my blog; she has a Christian ministry to young women in Russia and she teaches them stamping and cross stitch.  It is difficult to get these kinds of crafts in Russia, so I had sent her a large box of donated materials last year, and she sent this cross-stitched wall hanging as a thank-you:

DSCF4642 

This has really touched my heart and I will treasure it!!!  It will hang in my craft room as a memory that we are sisters in Christ even though we are miles apart.  On a similar note, my MIL sent me a little plastic canvas cross and pocket that the children in my FIL's Sunday School class made (I didn't even know my FIL HAD a SS class--have to get the deets on that!), along with a wonderful little poem:

DSCF4738I carry a cross in my pocket, a simple reminder to me, of the fact that I am a Christian, no matter where I may be.

This little cross is not magic, nor is it a good luck charm.  It isn't meant to protect me from every physical harm.

It's not for identification, for all the world to see.  It's simply an understanding between my Savior and me.

When I put my hand in my pocket, to bring out a coin or a key, the cross is there to remind me of the price He paid for me.

It reminds me, too, to be thankful, for my blessings day by day, and to strive to serve Him better, in all that I do and say.

It's also a daily reminder of the peace and comfort I share, with all who know My Master and give themselves to His care.

So I carry a cross in my pocket, reminding no one but me, that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life, if only I'll let Him be.

Isn't that a wonderful little reminder?  The little cross slips into the little purple "pocket".  You could use this for any little item that triggers a memory for you.  Feel free to copy and paste it for yourself!

I am going to be visiting my dad and sis for a couple days but will try to have some Blogger posts set up!  I'll be back for the next Color Throwdown Challenge, though, don't worry!

8 comments:

Carol L said...

oh LeAnne, your card is just beautiful! I love how you layered the sentiment panel! The RAK is so endearing, and to know it came from Russia makes it even more special! I love how the internet brings folks together!

Nancy Riley said...

Here you go ... making another spectacular Falling Leaves card! I love how you showcased the Autumn Traditions designer paper! Awesome card, LeAnne!

Ann said...

Oh my, LeAnne, this card is fabulous! You're making me long even more for fall weather!

Elaine M said...

What a great fall card!!

Love the poem!! You bet it'll be copied and passed around.

Thx for the inspiration
Elaine Moore

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I love how you used the variety of punches for the sentiment!

Juanita said...

Love the cards, love the RAK from accross the miles and love that your FIL teaches sunday school!

Sandy said...

Ooooooh this just sooooooo pretty!!!!

Sandy from CFH

Steph Zerbe said...

Gorgeous card!!!!!!!!
I think I NEED this set now.
Thanks for sharing!