Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Color Throwdown #53


Welcome back to another Throwdown! This week our lovely hostess Danielle has chosen Pink Pirouette, Rose Red and Bordering Blue as her colors. I LOVE these colors together! I was a little concerned about the Rose Red, but if you use your strongest color just as an accent, it doesn't overpower the rest of your card---keep that in mind! I have really enjoyed the creations everyone has been making over the last few weeks....lots of creativity and thoughtfulness have gone into them! I hope this week we can see more of your "craftiness" with this pretty combo. Post your card on your blog or an online gallery using CTD53 as your keyword, then come back to the CTD blog and link it to our favorite Mr Linky! Be sure to use your exact post address, otherwise we'll have to delete it. Remember that you could be chosen as the Featured Stamper next week, or you could even have a guest spot for a month!

My card this week uses Julia Stainton's Sweet Bee set from Cornish Heritage Farms....oooh, I fell in love with this as soon as she showed it to us! I did sort of a collage-y type card and I tried to use as many of the images as possible! LOL! (I have to warn you that I am using Blogger instead of Live Writer, which I prefer, so my photos may not be as clear.)
I used Very Vanilla as my base, with Bordering Blue and a K&Co card from a Hannah cardstock pad as accents. A little piece of Bella Bleu peeks out from the left side. I just randomly stamped some bee and honeycomb images in Sahara Sand, and the bee & pussy willow image is stamped in Bordering Blue as well as the lace. I added a few accents here and there and overstamped the main images with Creamy Caramel and the SU retired Linen stamp. I diecut some swirls and a button in Rose Red, then added a WHOLE row of little heart-shaped bling! No hoarding! The sentiment was also stamped in Rose Red and I made it a little "shabby" looking by cutting it with a wavy edge. Lots of daubering for a vintage look, and some tea-dyed lace to finish the whole thing. I did not put a sentiment on the inside, as I am not quite sure for what occasion I'll use this---but I am going to try to send it out and not hoard this one as well!

Let's see what the other designers came up with this week:



  • Stamps: Sweet Bee, CHF; Linen, Retired SU
  • Paper: Very Vanilla, Bella Bleu DP, K&Co Hannah, Bordering Blue, Rose Red
  • Ink: Creamy Caramel, Sahara Sand, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Bordering Blue, Rose Red
  • Acc: Big Shot, Buttons diecut, Swirls diecut, lace, bling, circle punch, daubers, dimensionals

18 comments:

Ann said...

Oooh, this is so pretty! Love the colors and the bling!

Juanita said...

Great job with these colors. i really like the images you have chosen.

Linda said...

LeAnne this is beautiful and the gift you made Pennie is fantastic. I sure wish I was still lived in PA so I could hang out with you and make all theses cool things. I really need to find a stamping buddy here and have play dates. Thanks for the great ideas.

dpkennedy said...

This is truly gorgeous! That image, the trim, the gems...the whole thing is put together wonderfully! I love it!

Anonymous said...

THis one made my mouth fall open!! I LOVE the shabby, ecelectic feel, YOU ROCK :)

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, your card is just gorgeous girl!! Love these scrumptious colors!! :) TFS! HUGS

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is amazing! Such beautiful images and beautifully stamped, and I LOVE what you did with the swirly-things! Stunning beauty!

Cathy Rulli said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne!

Stacey Schafer said...

love your card, LeAnne! can't wait to play!

Darlene said...

FAB-ulous LeAnne!! Love all the different elements that went into this creation ... looks awesome!

ChristineCreations said...

Wow this looks so pretty, delicate and earthy! Fantastic details, especially that gorgeous lace! Wow!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very cool card! Great job with layering! Love it!!

Carol L said...

oh my, this is gorgeous! I seem to work from the opposite end of the stick, making the darkest color my basic focus! LOL Next time I'm taking your advice and going to try to do it differently! This has such gorgeous elements, and every detail is awesome!

Barbara said...

This is simply gorgeous, girlfriend!!! I love the blinged up yet vintage look! Fantastic card!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Do you have ANY supplies left after making that card?

Kim Gasper said...

This is gorgeous! I can never do shabby chic...You've done it wonderfully!

Jean Franks Beck said...

OMG LeAnne this is incredible!!! I have been away from blurfing for a few days, and you've been a creative genius :D Love everything about this - Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Juliana said...

So beautiful!!
I love the very vanilla with these colors!! The bling is a lovely accent!