Friday, July 24, 2009

Catty Cruise Is Here!!!

cattycruise0709

0729seagull

Come aboard for a wonderful cruise around the new Stampin' Up! catalog, affectionately known as the Catty! This blog hop Catty Cruise will take you from "port to port" where you'll be able to sightsee the many wonderful creations made by a talented group of SU demos using a variety of just-released sets and accessories! So grab a cool drink, put on your sailin' duds and climb on board!

This is a circular hop, so there is no real beginning or end! You can start anywhere! You can go here to read more details and see all the "ports" or just click on our little friend the seagull above! If you arrived here from It's A Stamp Thing, I hope you enjoyed Vicki's creations made with the new Greenhouse Garden stamp set and Cottage Wall DP. At the end of this post, you'll be directed to the next port o'call!

I chose to highlight the new stamp set, Falling Leaves (page 27 in the catty). I love fall and the cool crisp nights, the warm colors, the smell that fills the air; fall has wonderful memories for me! I like that this set has fun and funky leaf images as well as some "thankful" and Thanksgiving sentiments. Stay tuned next week as I will continue to highlight this set with a few more goodies! But enough chatter, on with the tour!

DSCF4686

I'll start with a couple of cards: the first one above uses some unusual colors for a "fall" card: Bermuda Bay, Creamy Caramel and Soft Suede. It also uses a new Texturz plate, Perfect Details. Layering with punches gives a strong focal point to this card. I turned the square scallop a quarter turn to create a different look, and I cut the designer label in half and "spread" it to make a wider layer on the back! The Bermuda Bay polka dot ribbon complements my polka dot leaf! My second one is a clean and sophisticated square:


DSCF4685

It uses Kraft, black and white to make a bold statement! The jumbo grommet is a cool embellishment and offsets the geometrical look of the To The Nines DP. The gingham has been "dyed" with a Creamy Caramel marker to make it less stark white.

For a more traditional use for these images, I made a 6x6" scrapbook page:

DSCF4688

I am not much of a scrapbooker, but I love this photo of me and my dad, and with the fall foliage in the background, it seemed a natural choice for this set. More Kraft cardstock was first wheeled with the new jumbo wheel, Cornelli Lace----LOVE it! I wheeled my background piece of Soft Suede with it as well. The Earth Element colors of Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Old Olive and Ruby Red really look great stamped on the Kraft CS. I sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa to give it a rustic look. The "T" from Defining Alphabet emphasizes the "thankful" leaf and gives my page its theme. The date & place was punched with the cool new Modern Label punch! Buttons from the new Playground series add some fun and a little punch of color.

I love to figure out new ways to use images, and I thought it would be fun to make a basket charm for Christmas out of one of the leaf stamps:

DSCF4693

DSCF4692 To make this cute little charm, I cut a "wreath" from Handsome Hunter using two Nesties. (Use whatever size fits your basket best). I then stamped several leaves in HH and cut them out, and randomly glued them to my wreath. A 1/4" circle punch makes quick work for Real Red berries! I used a toothpick to add glue to the back of each one, and then added a white gel pen highlight. Doesn't the new Polka Dot Stitched Ribbon look great on this little charm? To tie the charm to my basket, I used Crystal Effects to attach some gingham ribbon on the back. My DH is anti-glitter, otherwise I might have added some Dazzling Diamonds, too!

My final project is a little fun thing I've been wanting to do for a while:

DSCF4696 This is a small fabric pin; the oak leaf is stamped in More Mustard Craft ink on a piece of tea-dyed muslin. I hand-stitched it with some batting on to a little piece of felt and added a Playground button again. I sewed a little pin to the back, but in a pinch you could just use a safety pin! This took hardly any time at all; just make sure you iron your image after the ink dries to set it properly! I can't wait to wear this on my jacket this fall!

Thanks for visiting my "tourist attractions" and allowing me to be your tour guide! I have so many more ideas in store for you, so be sure to stop back next week! Your next destination is the totally amazing LeeAnn Greff at Flowerbug's Inkspot. She is the QUEEN of punch art--her creations are amazing! She'll be highlighting the great set, For All You Do, as well as the new Movers & Shapers dies. You can click on the logo below and it will take you to your next cruise destination! Thanks for visiting with me today!

Photobucket

Grateful Card:

  • Paper: Bermuda Bay, Creamy Caramel, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Thoroughly Modern DP
  • Ink: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede
  • Acc: Perfect Details Texturz Plate & Big Shot; Large Oval, Designer Label, Square Scallop, Scallop Edge and 1/16" Punches, BB Polka Dot Ribbon, Vintage Brads, Linen Thread

Thankful Card:

  • Paper: Kraft, Basic Black, To the Nines DP
  • Ink: Craft White, Stazon Black
  • Acc: 1/2" Circle Punch, Jumbo Grommets, Black Gingham, Creamy Caramel Marker

Scrapbook Page:

  • Paper: Kraft, Soft Suede, Ruby Red
  • Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Soft Suede
  • Acc: Cornelli Lace Jumbo Wheel, Modern Label Punch, Playground Buttons, needle, Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers, computer

Basket Charm:

  • Paper: Handsome Hunter, Real Red
  • Ink: Handsome Hunter
  • Acc: 1/4" Circle Punch, Circle Nestabilities & Big Shot, Polka Dot Stitched Ribbon, Glue Dots, White Gel Pen, Gingham Ribbon, Crystal Effects

Fabric Pin:

  • Ink: Craft More Mustard
  • Acc: Felt, Muslin, batting, needle & thread, Playground button, Linen thread, pin back, iron

43 comments:

musicadelabuena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol L said...

Oh my goodness, you've been a busy little stamper haven't you?! I love everything you showed us today! All the details are amazing, especially that little basket wreath! How pretty!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love all your projects!! That little wreat is so sweet!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Wowza!! Awesome projects, LeAnne!! You've shown such a great variety, that stamping on fabric is the bomb!! I need to mount this set, thanks for giving me a kick!!

Tracy said...

I love your color combos on the cards! Lots of great projects, the wreath is so clever!

LeeAnn Greff said...

Wow! Where to start?? I love the color combo on your first card - Bermuda, Creamy Caramel & Soft Suede - just beautiful!
And that wreath - amazing!
Your scrapbook page is gorgeous - I really like the layout & how you used the different stamps.
Great job highlighting this stamp set!

Tammy Hershberger said...

AWESOME cards and projects, LeAnne! The cards are great, and the page with your dad is so precious! I really love the wreath for the basket, and that Autumn leaf pin is fabulous! GREAT job!

Inking Idaho said...

Awesome projects and color combos!

Nancy Riley said...

LeAnne!!! Your Catty Cruise projects are over-the-top-amazing! Each one is so creative and a pleasant surprise! I think my favorite has got to be the amazing scrapbook page! ... everything about it is PERFECT! Way to go Catty Cruise friend!

Linda said...

Fantastic projects. You have been very busy. Everything looks great. I love the basket charm. My wish list just gets bigger and bigger. I am going to have to get a second job.

Lynn said...

Beautiful creations LeAnne! I love all the extra little details each one has...like the layered tag on the first card. The little Christmas wreath is so clever too.

Connie Collins said...

I just love all of your project, but my favorite has to be the wreath. I have several Longaberger baskets and these would be incredible during the holidays. I also give lots of jam gift baskets and these would make wonderful embellishments for them. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent.

Brooke S said...

How cute are these projects! Just amazing.. I love the diversity of all of them.. I really love the scrapbook page.. How sweet and what a sweet message about your dad... The wreath is SOOOO cute.. And the little sewing project.... Adorable... Totally cute everything...
Hugs
Brooke

lisa808 said...

Thanks for a great 'port of call.'

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Wow LeAnne - these are all amazing!! Absolutely love your color combos - fall is my favorite season so these just sing to me! :-) Love, love, love your pin!

penniem said...

LeAnne - I really think that you have outdone yourself with each and every one of these projects. They are all "top drawer" in my book! You are a master of this art.
Pennie

Tankergypsie said...

All beautiful, especially love the wreath.

Linda McClain said...

Le Ann, you rock my world! I love all of these!! The little pin is probably my favorite, but I love the basket charm, too.

Unknown said...

Amazing work! I love what you did with the punches in the first card and I love the fall themeing everywhere! Beautiful.
Diane

Diane said...

Wow, what wonderful creations, loved it all,so fun to see some of the sets I have used...wonderful inspiration!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Wow.... what great projects you have been busy with! I love them all but my fav has to be the scrapbook page... what a great page! Thanks for the comment about the PTI mention. :)

Lois said...

All your projects are super. I love the scrapbook page.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

OH MY !!!!!!!!spectacular cards and ideas Leann !!!!!
AWESOME !!!!!!!!!that's what you are !!!!
tfs:)
chat

Cheryl Hirzel said...

Very very darling fall projects! I adore the fabric pin the most! Thanks for sharing your talent and ideas!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - LeAnne - you've outdone yourself!!! Totally awesome and beautiful creations you are showing us :)!!! Love them all!!! Hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness, LeAnne, these are SERIOUSLY AWESOME, girl!! Wowie!! Amazing stuff....and I LOVE the sweet picture on your scrapped page!

ThreadCatcher said...

Super projects! The fabric pin is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. jmniffer

Barbara said...

OMGosh! Everything is awesome!! The cards are so pretty! And that basket wreath is genius!!! That picture of you with your dad is priceless and you scrapped it just right. Love that pin, too! You've been a busy girl!

Stacey Schafer said...

darling projects, LeAnne!

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful projects LeAnne! I love the wreath - and that rolling stamp - have to check that one out - and your page with your dad is super!

Beth said...

These are all wonderful LeAnne - especially love the design of your scrapbook page - I will definitely have to case that one! Your cards, jacket pin and basket embellishment are all so creative and fun - thanks for sharing.

Kay Kalthoff said...

WOW! LeAnne, you totally rocked this stamp set!! Everyone is going to want it!! Super duper job, girlfriend!!
Kay

Betty Wright said...

WOW!!!! What a fabulous buffet of cards!!!! Wonderfully done!!!! Gorgeous, LeAnne!!!

domestic.blizz said...

Fabulous projects you have created. Love the wreath that is so cute and your scrapbooking page is a perfect way to highlight this stamp set.

TFS.

Lisa H. said...

wow! your projects are alll amazing. you went above and beyond! I especially love your scrapbook page-great colors and layout!

Stamp and Smile said...

OMGosh LeAnne! What fantastic projects you made for the blog hop and so energizing for sure! You sure out did yourself and 2 thumbs up!! TFS... :)

nannette13 said...

I love your projects, especially the basket charm and the fabric pin! The sb lo is perfect! thanks for sharing!

Nicki said...

What can i say Leanne? yet again even more gorgeous creations! your such a talented lady! i love coming to your blog
take care
Nicki
x

Kathleen said...

LeAnne---I love that kraft, black and white card---it's just yummy all the way around. And that page of you and your dad is amazing---it is a great picture, and your embellishments made it just perfect! I love everything about it---it is a treasure!

ChristineCreations said...

I think your projects with this set are just fabulous LeAnne!

Doris said...

Your cards are all great, but I especially like what you did with the kraft, black and white one! I have that paper, so I'm going to try something with that side today--thanks for the idea!

Steph Zerbe said...

I love all of your samples for this set. You are amazing, you showed how versatile it can be. If I could give you an award I would. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]