Friday, February 2, 2018

RRCB79 and MTS214 Love


Happy Friday peeps!  Wow, the weekend is here and Super Bowl is quickly approaching!  But I am in the throes of making Valentines!  So many pretty challenges out there, I just can't help myself!  Today I am using the Match the Sketch sketch and the RetroRubber "love" challenge for my card:

RRCB 79

There really isn't much stamping on my card, most of the work is done by some beautiful papers (they are retro, too!) by My Mind's Eye called Heirloom, but I did stamp the striped paper with the French Script background stamp from SU, and the date on the label says 2000!  Wow....that's an oldie for sure!  So here we go:


All the papers except for the pink hearts that are behind the printed hearts, are from the same paper pack...I just punched them out with a large SU heart punch.  The "I love you" heart is from the same paper, and I just fussy cut it out.  Each of the pink hearts were punched with the same punch from Strawberry Slush cardstock and daubered with White Craft ink to soften the colors.  I did use a new CTMH die to create the row of gold foil hearts.....so stinkin' cute!


I broke my rule of never using a button, because this one just looked so cute:


This heart was embellished with a little Corrugated Element from the current SU catalog:


And this little one was embellished with a diecut from the heart border:


I love the soft vintage look of this!  And here are a couple of sweethearts:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps French Script (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Gold Foil, Strawberry Slush (ret), Heirloom DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Craft White, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
Accessories Corrugated Elements, Button, String
Tools     Heart Punch (ret), Sponge Daubers, Big Shot, Heart Border Die (Close to My Heart), Outline Shapes Die (Simon Says Stamp), Dimensionals

10 comments:

Laurel said...

So pretty :)

I Card Everyone said...

Stamping that script onto your striped paper makes it so elegant, LeAnne ... so clever!
A gorgeous Valentine!!
=]

Jan Clothier said...

I also love the soft vintage feel you've created. I was so glad you took us on a tour of the details because I couldn't stop staring at it to see what was going on. Love the stamping on the background paper. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber again LeAnne. This is a beauty.

Kampin' Karen said...

That is a great die. I think I have some hearts like that from a past PP kit. I wish I had that French Script stamp. You are right, the button IS cute! Nicely designed and created.

Debbie Mageed said...

LeAnne, this is fantastic! You combined the challenges perfectly. I got some really great tips with this card. That heart border is lovely! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope to see you back in the gallery again soon.

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE LOVE the row of beautiful golden hearts! This is so pretty LeAnne!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, that background script stamp from SU is one of my most treasured ones, it always look beautiful but you took it to the next level stamping it onto that beautiful pattern paper.
And your hearts have that romantic, feminine touch, absolutely lovely.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, I will see you soon on the blog.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Fanny said...

Was ein schönes Kärtchen hüpfte dir da von deinem Basteltisch! Toll! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme an unserer Challenge "Match-the-Sketch" und viel Glück für die Verlosung, liebe Grüße. Fanny

creative lady said...

LeeAnne, love your card, love the stripes and the hearts on your card. Just a classy card all around. Excited about you joining the team. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Katy McGloin said...

LeAnne, I "love" this card with the vintag-y hearts and soft colors! And the other two sweethearts are just that!!! Thanks for playing along with our love challenge at RRCB this challenge!