Thursday, February 1, 2018

Inspired by a Lovely Purse


Happy Thursday, peeps!  And Happy February!  Wow, I am so excited to share some news with you today!  Laurel of Inspired By Challenges has re-started her challenges and has assembled an amazing design team, and asked me to be a part of it!  I love Laurel's fresh, clean and spunky style, and her challenges reflect that spirit, so it should be fun and I hope you'll play along.

For today's challenge, check out this fun little purse:


Cute, huh?!  I've been hoarding this be-spectacled paper from My Mind's Eye, and I think today is the day to break it out!  I've made some banners from the same pad, as well as some others; added a little trimmed-down notecard from SU that is ages old; did some stitching at the top of the banner, and added some gold hearts, gold sequins and a shabby organdy rose:


You can see the banners better from this angle:


And the sentiment, stamped in Strawberry Slush, is from an older Paper Pumpkin kit:


These colors are just so pretty together!  I hope you'll check out the Inspired By challenge blog to see the amazing samples the DT created...and share yours with us as well!  You will definitely be inspired by them!!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Paper Pumpkin (past)
Card stock & Papers     Gold Foil, Rustic White (Papertrey), My Story  and Heirloom DSPs (My Mind's Eye), Petal Lane DSP (Bo Bunny)
 Ink Strawberry Slush (ret)
Accessories Gold Sequins (ret), Floral Notecard (ret), Gray Organdy Rose (from my stash)
Tools     Big Shot, Mini Treat Bag Framelits (hearts), Dimensionals, Sewing Machine

10 comments:

Amber said...

That paper is GORG - I don't know if I could wait too long before using it! Awesome design!

Danni Reid said...

LOVE your design and card!

Vickie said...

Love your design LeAnne and the paper

Kampin' Karen said...

Congrats on your new gig! I saw that you were taking a break from SIP. I will miss you there but you know I will follow you wherever you are!

I Card Everyone said...

You and I on the same team??? OH how much fun is this going to be???
TONS of fun ... and this card? love that it has all the colors, and pizzazz of that darling little purse! that paper? I've had my own stash of it for years... you are making it want to come out to play, LeAnne!
=]

Jan Clothier said...

Congratulations, LeAnne! This card seems so different from your usual style and it is gorgeous. I covet the spectacle paper - I have just the stamps for it! I'd not seen this challenge before but have now added it to my list of places to check. Great work!

Dawn Tidd said...

Well, I have to say I'm inspired by your card! Love all the DSPs you used and the layers are fabulous! The sentiment is just perfect too! Congrats on your new DT! Great pix of Cassidy and Dana too!

Melissa Grant said...

Congrats on the new Design Team. I agree with Jan this is different from your regular style and I love it! A lot of elements but pleasing to the eye.

Colleen Begley said...

Very pretty card, LeAnne! I love all of the elements. Congrats on the new DT gig too.

Lisa Elton said...

YIPPEE, I'm so happy for you LeAnne! Your car is amazing. It's layered in shabby chic prettiness!!