Saturday, February 17, 2018

Chelsea Gardens Collection


Happy Saturday, peeps!  I hope you have some fun things planned today!  We have some snarky weather going on -- snow forecast for this afternoon and temps in the high 60s next week!  Crazy!  Anyway, I recently received some lovely papers from CTMH called Chelsea Gardens..they are beautiful!!  I am afraid I might hoard them!  But I did "challenge" myself to use the pages that are meant for scrapping...I cut them apart, trimmed a few down and made them into some simple cards!  So I thought I would share!

Yesterday was Dana's birthday, and this simple notecard with a blue butterfly called her name!  I have a fun set of word stamps, so I put a bunch together and stamped them in Smoky Slate on each dotted line, then added the daughter sentiment at the bottom.  


It's impossible to see here, but I added some Wink of Stella to the wings and it was quite pretty!


The next one had this gorgeous floral background but a different sentiment in the middle, so I stamped the birthday greeting from Beautiful Day in Basic Gray and added a Baja Breeze scalloped mat, then mounted it on a card of Lucky Limeade!  (Using up some of those retired colors, LOL!)


Finally, an Easter card using a CTMH stamp called Easter Animals Occasions; I originally stamped this little bunny in order to practice with the Blends, and he came out so well I decided to actually use him on a card!  I added a little striped scrap that was laying on my desk, a couple of Crumb Cake borders and mounted it on a white card base:



Reminds me of the little bunnies we see around our yard in the spring!!


Thanks for visiting today--be sure to come back tomorrow as I will be the hostess for the Paper Players!  

I "repurposed" Cassidy's gift bag for the little girl across the road on Valentine's Day...she always wants to write on her mom's post it notes as we sit in the car waiting for the bus, so I gave her a little pad of her own, and a piece of chocolate in the bag, re-tied the bow and she thought it was the cat's pajamas!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beautiful Day, Easter Animals Occasions (Close to My Heart) Everyday Expressions (Paper Studio), Celebrate Family (Fiskars)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Crumb Cake,  Baja Breeze and Lucky Limeade (ret), Chelsea Gardens DSP (Close to My Heart)
 Ink Memento Black, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Ovals Framelits,  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Blends, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Wendy said...

All your cards are so pretty, LeAnne! I especially loved Dana's card and all the neat words you used on the front! So sweet and I hope she had a wonderful birthday! Loved seeing the pictures of the little girl across the street with her tote of chocolate! You always know how to make someone smile! Yes, our winter weather is a bit crazy, don't ya think? Thursday we hit 68 and I seen 70's for this coming week. And today SNOW! Sigh....I have no words! TFS and enjoy your weekend!

Vickie said...

Great cards LeAnne...love the one for Dana...I want to make that one...smart of you to cut the stamps down...to work for you. CTMH has some good stamps and price point as well...have not ordered from them in years.. Is this set you used still available...is that CTMH?
Look how happy you made that little girl...What a beautiful person you are...I wish you many blessings...

Linda Callahan said...

Well look who is back in my news feed today......hooray! Loving your sweet springy cards! Dana's card is adorable! And you have mastered those blends.....cute bunny!

Kampin' Karen said...

You were as busy as a bunny! All your cards are wonderful and I'm glad you gave in to not hoarding or else we wouldn't have been able to see that beautiful DSP! I'm sure Dana will love her card. Such sweetness on that little girl's face...untainted by what's going on in the world these days. AND the bunny...well you know how I feel about bunnies...makes me want to dig out my bunny stamps and do something with them today! Have a blessed weekend.

Lisa Elton said...

Happy Birthday wishes to Dana! What a sweet card you made for her. I DO see the WOS on the butterfly's wings! The floral card is lovely and I like that sweet little bunny. We have some that frequent our backyard too. Max used to chase them down LOL.

Nancy said...

Great cards. I just love that bunny. So many things I want to order. I wonder if I could get away with not paying my rent once? Probably not. I also love the format of the table you use to list the supplies you used in your cards. I cannot even imagine how you would accomplish that but it makes for a very neat and tidy presentation. I can see I am not going to get anything else done tonight as I browse back through your lovely blog (which reminds me of how I have ignored mine for a few years). I swear I accomplished more when I worked full time. Being younger might have had something to do with it. Thanks for the inspiration.