Sunday, February 4, 2018

PP379 Be My Valentine

 

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Happy Super Bowl day!  Lots of busyness going on today, so this will be short and sweet!  Claire is our Paper Players hostess with a theme of Be My Valentine!  I have combined my Valentine with the Freshly Made Sketches sketch:


(I know I didn't put the sentiment in the right place for the challenge, so if they kick me out, that's fine!  But I just thought it looked better where it was! )  I am in love with this Bo Bunny Petal Lane paper, so I used a couple more sheets of it to create my card today:


I diecut a heart from black glimmer paper, then hand-trimmed the inside to create a frame.  Flowers from Jar of Love, stamped in Strawberry Slush and Crushed Curry adorn the heart; I added some little gray springs and tucked a few little sequins around the bouquet as well; the sentiment is from the same set:


The "love" diecut is also from glimmer paper, it's from Simon Says Stamp.  On the inside, I used a sentiment from PS:  I Love You, and since I had a couple extra flowers, added them as well!

 

And since the word prompt this week from Just Us Girls is "love", I am entering my card there as well!

I am sure you've got lots of heart-themed stamps, so get to work and show us your Valentines!  Share them at the Paper Players, where you can see the design team's work and be inspired!  Now, GO EAGLES!!!

Cassidy's Eagles green hairdo for school on Friday!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Jar of Love, PS:  I Love You (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Gray, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette (ret), Black Glimmer (ret), Petal Lane DSP (Bo Bunny)
 Ink Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush (ret)
Accessories Sequins (from my stash)
Tools     Big Shot, Everyday Jars Framelits, Heart Framelits (ret), Bitty Banners Framelits (ret), Small Love You Die (Simon Says Stamp), Dimensionals, Black Marker (for center of flowers)

17 comments:

Vickie said...

Very nice LeAnne....love your colors...pretty DP

I Card Everyone said...

I am not a football fan ... but GO EAGLES!!! Mostly because I loved the movie about Vince Papale!!!
Now there's that gorgeous paper you shared - I have special plans for those! a gorgeous Valentine, LeAnne!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Cassidy is so much fun! So is your card. I certainly wouldn't kick you out over the sentiment. Lovely...just like you! There will be 3 people here rooting for the Pats and I will be the only one rooting for the Eagles. I really don't care either way because I don't like pro football anymore.

Dawn Tidd said...

Pretty Valentine! That DP is gorgeous and the bouquet you created mimics it really well. Fun Valentine with different colors! Speaking of different colors....green hair?! lol

Nance Leedy said...

Oh this paper is gorgeous and I love the colors you've used! Black and grey really pop with the pinks and yellows. Beautiful take on the sketch too! Have fun today--I'm cheering on the Eagles from FL!

Jan Clothier said...

Oh LeAnne, you're doing that expert pairing up of different papers that end up looking wonderful trick of yours again! I like the black heart. Not only is it shimmery but anchors the whole design and draws us straight to the sentiment. It's a really pretty, clever card.

JoAnn said...

What a lovely card. Love everything about. I agree, I like your placement of the sentiment. TFS

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty LeAnne - I love how the paper has inspired your gorgeous Valentine card, that black glimmer heart is truly classy! I think the placement of the sentiment is spot on - and you can still see the sketch layout, you'll be fine ;-) A gorgeous card!

laurie said...

This is beautiful!Love the touch of black..so sharp!

Lisa Elton said...

THIS card lights up my life!! What a beauty LeAnne, love it to bits. Cool hair on Miss C. I kept thinking of you and your family during the game!! We were rooting for the Eagles, what a great game!!

Annie S. said...

Big CONGRATS on your Eagles! What a great game that was! Your card is just stunning. Love the DSP and you coordinated the elements with it perfectly! Hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

Nancy said...

I have that same paper pad and I just love it LeAnne! You did a great job carrying the flowers from the paper onto your design of your card! Those flowers match perfectly! Your card is lovely! Thrilled to have you with us at Just Us Girls this week and I sure hope you will be back again real soon!

cm said...

Love and romance are definitely in the air with this gorgeous card, LeAnne! The Petal Lane papers...swoon-inducing! Thrilled to see this gem in the JUGS gallery!
~carol

Stampingcountry said...

Such a pretty Valentine! The yellow and pink is a refreshing change up.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I LOVE this gorgeous Valentine! That pink and yellow make me SMILE! So many lovely details! That DSP is perfect and the black just pops! Thank you for making my challenge shine! Have a wonderful weekend, My Friend! I think Cassidy's hair helped the Eagles win! I was so happy for you! XXX

Linda Callahan said...

Love this floral beauty!

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, I can see why you are in love with this DSP, it's so bright and cheerful. I love how you brought the yellow and pink flowers to the front of your card, as well. Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee