Friday, February 16, 2018

CTS259 And Leftover Sneakers


Happy Friday, peeps!  YAY, it's the weekend!  For this month's stamp club, we used SU's new blends, using the sneaker image from Epic Celebrations. Each stamper did a pair of sneakers in her own set of colors, so I had a couple of images that I demonstrated,  plus I had been practicing quite a bit, so I had LOTS of sneaker images laying around!  I loved this Pool Party pair, so I used the CAS(E) the Sketch sketch #259 for it:


And here we go:


I trimmed down my white panel on which I had stamped the sneakers, fussy-cutting them out at the bottom.  I then masked them with a post-it note and stamped the top portion with an image from Timeless Textures in Smoky Slate. I added a Smoky Slate mat, extending it below the sneakers, and stamping it with another image from Timeless Textures.  


I cut the "hb" from an old set of dies called Timeless Type Alphabet and stamped them with a third Timeless Textures image in Whisper White:


A fun and funky card...not sure if it is CAS enough for the challenge, but if it's not, that's okay!

So here is the card we made at club; you can see that we had lots and lots of little black stars left over as well, so I put a couple of them on my banner too!!!




I must say that everyone did very well with the Blends and I got lots of positive comments! 

Grampy got Cassidy a special Valentine card and received a big hug in return!


Thanks for popping in!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Epic Celebrations, Timeless Textures
Card stock & Papers     Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Powder Pink, Smoky Slate, Thick White, Basic Black
 Ink Memento Black, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Powder Pink, Craft white
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Mini Treat Bag Thinlets, Layering Circles Framelits, Blends Markers, Timeless Type Alphabet Dies, Mini Dimensionals, 1 1/4' Circle Punch

9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I would love a pair of those sneakers in that shade of aqua! Super fun take on the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

Yes!! we're back to shoe shopping!! LOve them in all these colors, but my newest might have to be red!
Thanks for sending CTS a pair, LeAnne!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Love all the cards, but especially yours. I think the Pool Party Blends are my favorite and I have the most luck with those. Today I might try the Daffodi Delight Blends. Have a wonderful day.

Dawn Tidd said...

Epic cards, LeAnne! The are both so much fun and I'll be saving these ideas to CASE later! I love how you incorporated all the images from Timeless Texture too, they worked perfectly!

Laurel said...

Oh, love these! I need to ink up that stamp set!

Jeanne H said...

What fun cards...I love colored sneakers.

stampwithsandy said...

Hmmm.. the timeless textures set has been on maybe list for a while, and I'm intrigued after seeing it in use. It does add a lot of texture! Awesome guy card.

Lisa Elton said...

A perfect take on the sketch LeAnne! Love all of those colorful sneakers, think I might need an aqua pair. That grampy is a keeper ;)

Wendy said...

Wow, these are all so awesome! Love the different colors, LeAnne!