Sunday, February 18, 2018

PP381 Sew Glad We're Friends


Hey, everyone!  Happy Sunday!  I am the hostess over at the Paper Players and our CAS challenge today is called Sew Much Fun!  Sewing used to be at the top of my "favorite hobby list" but now I would have to say that stamping has replaced it!  So I thought I could combine both and do a sewing-themed challenge!


I did THREE cards for my own challenge this week...my first one, I forgot the CAS part..so I'll share that one tomorrow!  This jury is still out on this one as to whether it is as clean and simple as I would prefer, but I had my heart set on using this DSP, so I went for it anyway!  (I think my teammates did a better job at the CAS part than I did!)  Anyway, I used Narelle's FMS sketch for this week:


And here we go - it's bright, you might want to wear your shades, LOL!


The older paper from Cosmo Cricket called Material Girl was my inspiration....unfortunately, I blocked one of the model's heads, but hopefully you can see the other pattern designs!  I used the sewing machine image and sentiment from SU's Puns from the Past, and added some stitched elements...the DSP and both circles...and added some retired ribbons in shades of green.  I broke my own rule of not adding a button, only because I thought it would be fun to use some green cotton perle thread I picked up at a yard sale, and it added a cute element to the sewing theme!  The larger circle was also stamped with the Linen background stamp!

 Finally, for the inside, I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Day (that sentiment has gotten a LOT of use lately) and a few vintage sewing images from an older Cornish Heritage Farms set called Sew Special:


And here's the second card I did for the challenge....same sketch, but I thought with all the diecutting and piecing of the quilt block,  it might be a little fussy for the CAS challenge:


It will definitely be put to good use for some occasion!

The design team has some really cute and fun samples for you to check out:

·        Claire
·        Jaydee
·        Joanne
·        Laurie
·        Nance
·        Sandy
·        Elizabeth
·        Annie
·        Jan

 And we hope you'll play along too!  Can't wait to see what you create!


Friday night was Cassidy's first father/daughter dance....a big evening!  She has a sweater over the prettiest part of her dress....the bodice had pink sequins on it!  She even had a little wrist corsage!  So sweet!



And Charlie even wore cuff links that said "Daddy"!!!

Enjoy your day and be blessed!

First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beautiful Day, Puns from the Past, Linen Background (both ret SU), Sew Special (ret Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Material Girl DSP (Cosmo Cricket)
 Ink Basic Gray, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Smoky Slate
Accessories Button, Perle Cotton, Various SU ret ribbons
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circle Framelits, Glue Dots, Dimensionals


Second Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Everyday Expressions (Paper Studio)
Card stock & Papers     Powder Pink, Very Vanilla, Summer Crush DSP (Maja Designs)
 Ink Bashful Blue (ret)
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Quilt Builder Thinlet (ret), Stitched Shapes Framelit, Dimensionals, Elegant Dots EF (ret)

17 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I just love this blog post! I am green with envy over your first card ;-) Does it ever bring back memories of home ec days. Your layering is perfect and that DSP is to drool for! You were ambitious. Cassidy and her Daddy had a fun time I bet. See you tomorrow and enjoy the day the Lord has made.

Brenda in IN said...

This picture brought tears to my eyes. That is so very sweet. I hope she had a wonderful time. They grow up so fast.

Wendy said...

Both cards are really lovely, LeAnne! I think you did well with the challenge. CAS is sometimes hard to create but I think you did beautifully! Loved the pictures of Cassidy & her Daddy! They both looked amazing and the corsage was so pretty! What a sweet memory to make! TFS and have yourself a nice day! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love that background pattern! Retro wonderful! And your quilty card is so pretty.....as is Miss C going the dance.....so grown up!

Jeanne H said...

Your card is so sweet, but Cassidy even more. I bet you were so proud of her and her dad. The pictures made me smile.

Nance Leedy said...

LOve it, LeAnne! The bold color is fun and love the combination of the sentiment, paper and this stamp--I almost used it too! Love all the little bits and bobs and I think they are small enough to still be considered CAS. NO matter anyway coz it's a great card!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, what a FUN challenge! I love your cards and they are CAS to me! That green DSP steals the show! I love it paired with the vintage sewing machine stamp! The quilt card is so pretty and I know it was lots of work to piece it all together! But, Cassidy steals the show this week! She is such a pretty girl and I know she had a wonderful time at the dance! Such sweet memories! Have a lovely week, My Friend! XX

Annie S. said...

This is a fun challenge this week and brought back fond memories of my Mom teaching me to sew, which I did from age 12! I love both of your cards. The DSP is just FAB and I like all the little details. Hope you have a wonderful week ~ Hugs, Annie. P.S. Thanks for sharing Father/Daughter pics...so sweet!

Nancy said...

Both cards are lovely. Your quilt-themed one was actually the second quilt-themed one I have seen today. I think I am being nudged to work on all the lone blocks in my dresser drawer and the completed tops that need quilting. My hands ache just thinking of it. As beautiful as your cards are, I was thrilled with the father-daughter dance photos, and the "Daddy" cuff links. Your daughter looked so sweet and so proud to have such a wonderful person accompanying her to the dance. I had just gone through some old photos albums this past week and came across the one of my daughter and my ex (though not my ex then) for the father-daughter dance when she was in high school. Such memories. Seems like yesterday but she will be 50 in June! I was tidying some fanrics in the bedroom and came across some signature squares from an international signature square exchange in which I wanted to participate in 2012 but lots of orthopedic surgeries were on the schedule instead. Seeing them was a reminder that I really want to pursue that, as well as a signature square quilt from the women with whom I went to school. I think I can manage cards and piecing blocks. At least I will try. Thank you for the inspiration and for the lovely deja vu. I hope they had a wonderful time at the dance.

Lisa Elton said...

I like both of your sewing themed cards! I used to dabble in sewing too, but switched to stamping, it's less stressful LOL!! How precious does Cassidy look! I'll bet she had a great time with her daddy. Love the cufflinks!!

stampwithsandy said...

Looks like you had a hard time deciding which of your sewing-themed stash to use, LeAnne! Love the papers on the first card, and you know how I love the quilted card. I like the tiny prints, I find locating some the most challenging part of using this die. Super fun challenge!

Amy O said...

I love both of these! The dsp on your first card is perfect for this theme. And the sweet picture of Cassidy makes me realize how quickly she is growing up.

Jen Timko said...

Oh that DSP really is the BEST for your theme!! What a great card. The dance pictures are so special...love those cufflinks! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

laurie said...

Love both of your cards...this was such a fun challenge! Love your pictures of the dance too...adorable. Have a great day!

Jan Clothier said...

Oh my word! I can't even begin to explain what I love so much about this! Could it be the exquisite retro paper? The wonderful layout? The stitching details? Your skill at layering elements? The thread and button embellishment? Or perhaps the antique sewing machine and sweet pun? Heck, it could be ALL the above as well as the fact that the sum is greater than the individual parts!

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, I'll get to your fabulous card in a minute... but wanted to comment on that fabulous photo. Cassidy is just beaming - what a wonderful moment for the two of them and she looks all grown up. Brought a massive smile to my face - thank you for sharing this moment.
Now... your card... is my favorite color and I love how you got so many elements on the card and yet it is still so wonderfully CAS. Great challenge and fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love both of your cards LeAnne but the green one is definitely my fave- i love green and that paper is so perfect for the theme! The addition of the sewing machine and punny sentiment just finishes it off. As for the photos of Cassidy- they are truly precious, she looks so grown up!