Thursday, February 8, 2018

Inspired By #6 - Got Mail?


Happy Thursday, peeps! Laurel has an adorable photo prompt for us today for Inspired By!  Check out this little fella:


Despite its cute factor, I admit the challenge had me stumped!!!  I don't have any squirrel stamps, LOL!  In the end, I chose the little plane image from PTI's Tiny Treats Valentine set....it made me think of air mail, so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!  Here ya go:


I used lots of oldies but goodies here....a scrap of red gingham from my stash; a Bella cloud stamp; some vellum clouds cut with the Word Bubbles die, as well as a speech bubble from the same set!  I masked the plane image and stamped the clouds over top, then colored it with markers and an aquapainter.  The little heart vapor trail was drawn with a black marker.  I used a couple leftover hearts from a couple of days ago to accent the sentiment:


I sponged the vellum clouds with some white ink to make the stand out a little more:


And used the same die to cut out a little "cloud" for the inside!


We sure would love for you to play along with the challenge this week!  Be sure to check out what the design team has created...you'll get lots of inspiration from them as well!

We had another snow day yesterday...more like an ice day....so we did a little painting, we played  with dolls, and watched a movie.  But this is what a 7 year-old does when she is bored and I am not paying attention to her...she paints a banana skin:




She is too much!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Tiny Treats Valentine (Papertrey Ink), Clouds (Stamping Bella)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Real Red, Soft Sky, Watercolor, Vellum, Gingham Print (computer-generated)
 Ink Soft Sky, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Craft White
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Word Bubbles Framelit (ret), Lacy Scallop Frame Die (Reverse Confetti), Heart Border Die (Close to my Heart), Red, Black & Soft Sky Markers, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals, Aquapainter

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Air mail works for me!! I think your card is absolutely adorable LeAnne. I love the vellum clouds you tucked in. Painting a banana skin, that's a new one for me LOL!!

Kampin' Karen said...

Adorable card and girlie girl!

Vickie said...

So many lovely Valentines....well done my friend...that Cassidy is a stitch...she may be bored, but she gives us all out here great entertainment...love that mischievous grin...what a doll

I Card Everyone said...

Not only Love in the air, LeAnne ... your pilot is, too! SO stinkin' cute!!!! LOve the red, white, blue color scheme - OH that gingham!
BTW Cassidy may have designed a mighty cool stamp there... I'd love to see it!
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

I love anything gingham and this is no different! Love your combo with the gingham too and that plane is perfect for the challenge! Who knows, Cassidy may be starting a painting banana trend!! :)

Elaine M said...

This is a GREAT card – love everything about it – the colors, the stamps .. just everything. I’ve not seen that cloud background stamp before – it’s perfect. And talk about perfect … there’s our darling mischievous Miss C. Gotta love that face. Hugs to you both

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable card.....and I am not going to show Emma the painted banana! She would love it tho!