Friday, February 9, 2018

As You See It 169 A Tree for All Seasons


Happy Friday, everyone!  It's time for another As You See It challenge, and this is a real fun one!  We want you to go back to your first stamping experience and "fill in the blank".....

No automatic alt text available.

I distinctly remember my first SU party....we did a one layer Thanksgiving card, stamped a cornucopia in Really Rust ink and added some sprinkles from Itty Bitty Backgrounds!  Talk about clean and simple!  SU's envelopes were so smooth, they felt like velvet!  I was in heaven!  I believe my first purchase was Say it with Scriptures, and I used it so much, the rubber is worn down on most of them, LOL!  But I know one of my first hostess sets was A Tree for All Seasons, from 2000, and I still have it, so I inked it up for today's card:


I colored it in with markers and mounted it on a stitched square; it's really hard to see, but I also used a sponge dauber (another one of my first purchases) to add a tiny bit of Soft Sky to color the sky.  I also used Deckle-edged Scissors (remember them?  Another early purchase!) to add a border along my Floral District panel:


I added some candy dots here and there on the DSP as well as my little Pear Pizzazz "hello" and finally mounted everything on an Old Olive Polka Dot Parade piece of DSP:


These fun colors make me think that spring might actually arrive, but for now, it's still pretty chilly around here!  I hope you'll play along with us, going "old school" and dig out some of those early stamping purchases!  Can't wait to see what you create...share it with us at As You See It!

I took Cassidy to have her hair trimmed last week....getting a style is serious business, apparently:


But a little "pink" brings a grin:


And since she didn't want any hairspray, these gorgeous curls lasted about five minutes!


Thanks for popping in today---enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps A Tree for All Seasons (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Tangerine Tango, Polka Dot Parade and Floral District DSPs (both ret)
 Ink Stazon Black, Soft Sky
Accessories Candy Dots (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Greetings Thinlets (ret), Deckle-Edged Scissors (ret), Markers, Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cute card, LeAnne and what a blast from the past! I still have this set! I think my first set ever was Frosty from 2001. Your card today reminds me of a beautiful spring day which would be SO nice right now! Love the colors and pretty papers!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this is darling ... just as fresh as the day you purchased it, in my view!
=]

Jan Clothier said...

Have you gone completely retro and used old papers too? Those colours and patterns take me back. Sweet tree image though - I've never seen it before.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow A Tree for all Seasons was my first stamp set too!Still have it! And I love Miss C's pinkness!

Cheryl said...

Great Card! My first stamp set I bought was Lovely As A Tree!!!
I will make my Card for this Challenge with that!
I'm with Cassidy...I don't like anything in my hair!

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a pretty little card LeAnne! The colors are bright and happy!

gabriella said...

OMG....Really Rust ink, now that was a difficult color for me to use. .....I think that color morphed into Cajun Craze which really wasn’t any better.......but yes I will look thru my golden oldies and play along. Thanks for the smiles

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this LeAnne, especially those retro papers - they were a favourite of mine! I remember my first SU! party too - I was so proud of the card I made using the cupcake punch. I didn't want to send it ever, but I had taken it with me to show some new friends that I was meeting for coffee and just as I arrived someones mentioned that one of the girls was celebrating her birthday - so I had to write it and give it away, otherwise there would have been no card! I still chuckle thinking about it now!!