Sunday, February 25, 2018

PP382 Painted Harvest


Happy Sunday, peeps!  I am sure the sun is shining somewhere, but it certainly is hiding its face here in SE PA!  DREARY!  But it's time for another Paper Players challenge where we can make sunny projects, right?  Sandy is our hostess today and she has a great sketch for us:


My card today is not necessarily sunny, but I pulled out Painted Harvest, some True Gentleman DSP , and some colors that I think make an interesting palette:  Tranquil Tide, Sweet Sugarplum and Crumb Cake!  Here we go:


There's a lot going on here; I really had fun with this card!  I stamped the flower several times with Sweet Sugarplum ink and added a center of Crumb Cake and Early Espresso.  I stamped the leaves in Crumb Cake as well, then fussy-cut everything out.  I took some retired Sweet Sugarplum glimmer ribbon and cut it into a narrow strip, then knotted one end and shredded the other, to make some matching shiny "thread" to tuck behind my flower:



I also used some embossing paste and a brick mask for the horizontal panel; added some linen thread and some embossing with the Seaside embossing folder.  The little sentiment is from Picture Perfect Birthday, as is the inside sentiment:


I stamped the smaller Painted Harvest flower directly over the sentiment with Sahara Sand ink and I really like that effect!

I hope you'll play along with us at the Players...the DT has created some lovely samples to give you lots of inspiration!  You can check them all out at the Paper Players blog!

One more photo from Cassidy's dance...can't forget Wayne!  He is such an awesome stepdad!


Thanks for popping in today..enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Painted Harvest, Picture Perfect Birthday
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Sweet Sugarplum, Crumb Cake, True Gentleman DSP
 Ink Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Sweet Sugarplum, Tranquil Tide
Accessories Linen Thread, Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Seaside EF, Embossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Palette Knife, Dimensionals, Bitty Banners Framelits (ret)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

LeAnne...this is absolutely beautiful....love it and the colors magnicient...so soothing to the eyes.Well done.

Kampin' Karen said...

I never would have thought to shred the ribbon...very clever...I really like the effect. Your entire card is wonderful.

laurie said...

What a fun card with all the textures....beautiful! The colors really go so well together too. Have a great day!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh LeAnne, this is gorgeous! That color combination is stunning--so fresh and modern. Brilliant use of the shredded glimmer ribbon and I love the mix of patterns in your papers. Gorgeous!

Dawn Tidd said...

Wow, LeAnne, this combination of elements is gorgeous! Love the way you used the simmer ribbon and the embossing on the crumb cake. Those are great ideas! Someone will love to receive this gorgeous birthday card!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty flower and the great color combo. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

So many wonderful textures on this LeAnne, it's just lovely! Sweet photo of Cassidy and Wayne ;)

Jan Clothier said...

Bravo! Your thread is so clever and just the right finish for this lovely flower. The colours, which I'd not have thought to combine, look really stylish.

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne your card is gorgeous and what an awesome color combo! It's so fresh and modern, and I love your use of fibers. So happy the new family is doing so well, too!

Annie S. said...

Wonderful color palette and so many beautiful details...an absolutely stunning card! I hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

There is so much to love about this card LeAnne - gorgeous textures from the mix of elements but I think the real revelation for me is that gorgeous colour scheme - so fresh! What a great card!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the color combo and that beautiful pink flower! The twine is just perfect to complete your beautiful card! Love that Cassidy is so happy and having fun! She is adorable! I hope you are having a great week, My Friend! XX

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, I LOVE this color combo and the twine with that flower is just perfect. Gorgeous birthday card.
oh... love the picture of Cassidy and Wayne!
hugs
jaydee