Tuesday, December 19, 2017

SIP130 Say No to Christmas Baby Card


Happy Tuesday, everyone!  It's time for another Stamp Ink Paper challenge, and this week, it's "Say No to Christmas"!
No automatic alt text available.

I needed a special baby card for a friend, so it was a perfect challenge for me!  I used the CAS(E) This Sketch sketch as well:


I had some pretty vintage papers from Graphic 45, so I chose a warm gold color and stamped a baby buggy from a "no-name" stamp company (my label says C9 but I can't find it on line anywhere!) in Delightful Dijon ink and partially diecut it with a stitched circle die:



I mounted it on a Very Vanilla panel that had been embossed with SU's Falling Petals embossing folder, and then added a little seam binding bow and a banner that reads It's a Boy and It's a Girl, because, yes, she is grandmother to twins!


Simple, easy and fun!  Now I know there are other occasions you might need for a card beside Christmas, so take a few minutes from your holiday chores to stamp something and share it with us at SIP!  We can't wait to see what you create!

Cassidy, Dana and I took a few minutes on Sunday afternoon to play with November's Paper Pumpkin:


We thought it was funny that the leaves on my stocking created a shadow on Cassidy's cheek!  It's also funny that I made my stocking go one way and they made theirs go the other!!  Oh well, that's the fun of it!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

4 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Such a gorgeous card! I'd have not considered Delightful Dijon for a baby card - it seemed to adult and strong - but now I've seen it, it's perfect. I had a dolly pram almost identical to the one on your card when I was a girl and many happy hours I spent with it. That's a clever little piece of partial die cutting too - great card.

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful baby card! The soft color is wonderful and I like the embossed butterflies. The stockings you all made are cute, but the three of you are cuter!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the sketch!

Claire Grantham said...

This is absolutely beautiful, I am a sucker for an embossed background. Cx