Friday, December 22, 2017

FMS318 and MM270 Vintage Santa


Happy Friday, everyone!  I know most people are done making Christmas cards, but I am still in the swing of it....saving them for next year, LOL!  My friend Peggy showed me some cards she made using this Rubber Stampede vintage Santa, and she graciously allowed me to borrow him!  I had some already stamped and when I saw the Freshly Made Sketches sketch for this week, I thought one would work perfectly!  He fits the Merry Monday Tic-Tac-Toe challenge as well!


For the Tic-Tac-Toe, I chose the left column of stamping, diecut and red!  So here we go:


I used some Graphic 45 St Nicholas papers for my background and mat, which was diecut with a Lil Inker Stitched Rectangle die.  I also diecut some berries from Naturals Cream cardstock, then added some Antique Silver glitter from Martha Stewart.  The burlap ribbon came from a gift and was a perfect rustic match!  I also added some glitter around the edge of my Santa image, although it is a challenge to see it!


I love the details in this image!  Thanks for popping in!

Over the weekend, Dana's half-brother and his new wife stopped by for lunch on their way from Key West to New Jersey!  They surprised Cassidy with a ukelele!  She wanted to play guitar and they thought this would be a good way to get her started!  Unfortunately, I didn't get one single picture of them together!!!  



We'll see how it goes...maybe she and Eden can have a duet, LOL!


11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I have a friend in NY who looks like that Santa. What is not to love about that stamp and the Graphic 45 paper. It is so nice to know that I have someone in my life who is still making Christmas cards for next year! I used to play ukelele but I could never master the guitar. Hope Cassidy has a lot of fun with it. Have a wonderful weekend.

Dawn Tidd said...

What a gorgeous Santa stamp! All the DSP and glittered die cuts are perfect as his background, beautiful vintage card! Merry Christmas! Maybe Cassidy will learn a carol to play you all!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my that Santa is fabulous! And oh that background paper.....gorgeous! Maybe Cassidy will play solo for you.......when I practiced my accordion my dad used to ask me to play solo.....so low he couldn't hear me.......lol

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve that vintage Santa... and you've given him just the perfect bit of magical Christmas glittery gorgeousness!
Good for Cassidy... what a wonderful gift!
Merry Christmas, LeAnne!
=]

Small Talk Mama said...

Beautiful card!! I love how the background paper mimics the Santa beard. Wonderful!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous tag on the sketch with the vintage Santa! Perfect with the burlap ribbon! So glad you could play along with us at Merry Monday!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, now the looks like Santa!! Fabulous card Leanne! What a fun gift for Cassidy, hope she learns to play!

Linda said...

Love your vintage Santa. Such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing your pics. So cute. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday

Jen Mitchell said...

Nobody does vintage quite like you! That Santa image is fabulous and I love how you paired him with that great patterned paper. Belated Christmas blessings to you and your family :)

Liz Williams said...

Your Santa looks wonderful with this design paper. I love that stamp. He is my most favorite of all my Santas.

jengd said...

I love all of the swirling in this card! Kudos to Cassidy's uncle and wife- what a great, unique gift.