Monday, December 11, 2017

CAS250 and JAI389 Krafty Noel


Happy Monday, peeps!  What a great weekend!  It snowed a lovely snow, I got my Christmas tree up (not decorated though), I made cookies, Army won the Army-Navy game by one point (although I felt sad for the Navy kicker who missed), so my West Point nephew and his mom, my sister, were happy......and the Eagles won as well!  I am not a football fan really, but I like it when the teams that my family likes win!  I even squeaked in a tiny bit of crafting time for two challenges:  Just Add Ink and CAS(E) this Sketch:


I started with a thick white cardstock base, some kraft cardstock from last year's catalog, and Tranquil Tide cardstock for my greenery!  So here we go:


I diecut my kraft cardstock with a Lil'Inker stitched rectangle die, and although it's hard to see, I stamped a vintage Christmasy background on it with Crumb Cake ink, then added my greenery, diecut with a Tim Holtz die.  I sponged the Tranquil Tide greenery with white craft ink, then added some chunky cut glitter for "snow":

 

A Pretty Pink Posh diecut tag was stamped with a sentiment from Joyful Noel by Concord & 9th, then tied up with some Very Vanilla thick baker's twine.  I popped up the kraft piece with dimensionals to make up for the thickness of the twine.  I love this look!

And speaking of pines, the family went out and cut their tree yesterday:


Cassidy found just the right tree (check out the boots) with Mommy and Ganae:


And helped Wayne carry it back to the car:


Eden approved!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!  

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
StampsChristmas Background (Stampendous), Joyful Noel (Concord & 9th)
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Tranquil Tide, Kraft (ret)
 Ink Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Craft White
Accessories Chunky Glitter (ret), Very Vanilla Baker's Twine (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Die (Lil'Inker), Holiday Greens Die (Tim Holtz), Stitched Tags Die (Pretty Pink Posh), 1/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I love the simplicity of your card and it really does make me feel the snow on the evergreens! Loved your pics too.

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne this is gorgeous!!! I love it! You totally rocked both challenges. I love the soft colors and all the great texture. Definitely pinning this one for future CASE-ing!

JoAnn said...

Love your card LeAnne. Great details with the chunky snow and the faintly stamped image on the kraft.
Thanks for sharing the fun photos.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne your subtle stamping with the Crumb Cake adds just the right amount of interest, and I LOve the pine sprigs - paper, and real!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love the simplicity of this pretty card LeAnne! It has a gracefulness to it. Sweet photos of the tree shopping trip and yay to the cute boots!! My tree is up and undecorated too. Our lights went out and we are in the process of replacing them It took us two hours to get the old lights off of the pre-lit tree! Holy smokes!! And now my perfectionist hubby is restringing. He is using tiny wire bundle ties on EVERY light. It may be done by New Years LOL!!! Gotta love him thought, he's dedicated!!

KimB said...

This is just beautiful LeAnne! I love the subtle stamped pattern on the kraft and how you frosted your Tranquil boughs - very atmospheric! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Leigh Penner said...

What a lovely card! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

We had a lovely snow too......and this is one lovely card!

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautifully elegant LeAnn, the subtle background stamping is perfect for your frosted branches.
Gosh, l can't believe how grown up Cassidy is and those boots...Love!
Lovely to see you pop up at Just Add Ink. xx

Tina said...

Those are super cute boots! Your card is lovely. I like the subtle background stamping, and the foliage is very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.