Tuesday, December 5, 2017

SIP128 Let It Snow


Hello, everyone!  Tuesday brings us another Stamp Ink Paper challenge, and this week, it's a fun one---Let it Snow!  We actually might get some flurries by the end of the week!  That would be fun!  

No automatic alt text available.

I broke out a new die I got last year on sale and hadn't used yet (you never do that, do you?) of this cute little Scottie dog on a sled:


I added a plaid background and a sentiment and snowflake that were conveniently in November's Paper Pumpkin kit!  Isn't he adorable?  Check out his little red nose...maybe I should call him Rudolph!  He's snowing on a stitched hill from Lawn Fawn:


The inside features a sentiment from Hearts Come Home and another pretty little snowflake from the PP kit:


I hope you'll play along with us...even if you don't like snow, you can create a snowy card!  Be sure to share your creation with us at the SIP blog!

I don't have any pix of Cassidy, but I wanted to share with you a couple of things I've seen over the last few weeks.  John and I went to Mt Harmon Plantation  in Maryland over the weekend for their Yuletide festival; it was very small, but the house was decorated with lots of greenery, including this "dress" in the front foyer:


It was stunning!  The form is made of chicken wire on the bottom and all the greens and peacock feathers are stuck inside!  And a couple of weeks ago, when I went to Longwood Gardens, this beautiful dress caught my eye in the gift shop (and you can see Cassidy's hand in the foreground!). It actually had icicle lights on the skirt, but I couldn't get my video of it to load, so you'll just have to imagine those little lights twinkling down the skirt! 



Such clever ideas!  Thanks for visiting...I'll have more pictures from Longwood coming up!  Have a blessed day!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Paper Pumpkin Nov 2017, Hearts Come Home
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Christmas Delivery DSP (Carta Bella)
 Ink Smoky Slate, Riding Hood Red (ret), Basic Black
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Hillside Dies (Lawn Fawn) Scottie Dog on Sled Die (Cottage Kutz)

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Absolutely adorable card, LeAnne! That sledding doggie has got to be the cutest, ever! He goes so well with the plaid paper (which is to die for) and those stitched snowy hills! I bet he's having a blast! LOL Yes, I heard some snow for the weekend...not sure I am ready for it but tis the season for it! Love the cool dresses you shared!! So unique and both beautiful! TFS and have yourself a wonderful day (even though it's to rain). :)

Dawn Tidd said...

Such a cute dog and sled on tat wonderful plaid background! They're talking about flurries in the mountains a bit north of us so maybe you'll get snow too! Those dresses are so pretty and different. I don't recall ever seeing anything like them before!

Linda Callahan said...

I love when you bring the scotties out to play! Adorable card......especially with the plaid!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the sweet scottie dog and the plaid - very highland!! Amazing dresses too - some people are so creative!

I Card Everyone said...

From the darling to the dramatic, LeAnne! All wonderful!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh is that ever a cute little pup and sled!! The plaid is perfect with this LeAnne, fabulous card! Those dresses are amazing! Wow, if I still had my florist I would be tempted to do this in a window display!!

Stampingcountry said...

Ah, your scottie in cute on his sled! And the plaid paper is perfect.