Thursday, December 14, 2017

FMS317 Hometown Santa


Happy Thursday, peeps!  How are your Christmas plans coming along?!  I usually am a bit more organized, I am feeling a little stressed this year!  I did get all my cards out, but I had a couple of new customers place orders last week and I wanted to make a special card to say "thanks" as well as Merry Christmas, so I put the FMS sketch for this week, from my special friend Jen, to use:


I hadn't used the Hearts Come Home stamp set and Hometown Greetings Edgelits for a while, so I cut out a little 3" panel from Whisper White cardstock, and cut a section of the die that had the snowman (cuz that's my favorite one) and layered it on some Christmas Around the World DSP:



I stamped Santa in Basic Black ink, added some silver thread across the bottom, then I mounted it on a piece of Merry Little Christmas DSP.  The horizontal panel is a piece of Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper.  I love these colors together! In hindsight, I wish I had stamped a wee little sentiment on the bottom right, but for now, it will have to do the way it is!


And speaking of Santa, on Saturday while Dana ran some errands, Wayne took Cassidy to see him and Mrs Claus at our local grocery store (what a great stepdad he is!!!):


I am not sure how many more (if any) years, we'll be able to do this, so I am enjoying her delight while I can!  Thanks for visiting today and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hearts Come Home
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Christmas Around the World DSP, Merry Little Christmas DSP
 Ink Basic Black
Accessories Silver Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Hometown Greetings Edgelits, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Cassidy is just the sweetest girl...as well as your card. Congrats on being one of the picks at Just Add Ink!

I Card Everyone said...

OH there is that fabulous black starry night DP again! LOve it every time I see it! What a fabulous stage it sets for your darling little scene, LeAnne! that scene with Cassidy is just as sweet as can be, too!
I still believe!
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

This is so cute! I love the black DSP for the card and the snowfall DSP with your scene. The Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper looks like snow in at nightfall, so pretty. I haven't used this set enough and your cards makes me want to pull it out again! :)

Julia Aston said...

What a great card from the sketch LeAnne! Love that starry sky paper and light blue snowy sky - wonderful mix of colors! Julia xx

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be with Santa flying overhead!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ahhh - Santa flying over the town. I remember wondering if I would see that as my family drove home from my grandparents on Christmas Eve (when I was a kid, of course)! And placing that scene over the starry background is genius! What a special card.

Lisa Elton said...

This is the sweetest Christmas scene! I like Santa and his reindeer. Cassidy looks so cute in this photo!

jengd said...

Cute card and Santa photo! I'm definitely saving the card for future reference. :)