Thursday, December 21, 2017

GDP118 Just A Note


Happy Thursday, peeps!  I was able to stamp a little bit yesterday after I ran all my errands (but my stamp room looks like a cyclone hit it--MUST do a clean-up) and made a little card for a customer using the Global Design Project sketch:


I have not used this particular pattern of Pick a Pattern DSP, but Cassidy was stamping something for her teacher yesterday (which she wouldn't let me photograph!) and I tried to get her to use it, but she didn't like that there was a paint palette on it, so I just decided to use it myself.  She did use the Crafting Forever stamp set, so I thought while it was out, I'd use it too:


I stamped the three images and did a little coloring on each one, either with an aquapainter and ink, or a marker, then cut them out and mounted them on a stitched circle.  I added some Pick a Pattern washi tape and some retired Strawberry Slush baker's twine, then added a sentiment from Better Together, stamped and embossed in white:


The whole thing was mounted on a Crumb Cake card base.  I love this sketch, I am sure I'll be using it again!

So even though I didn't get a picture of the front of the card Cass made for her teacher, I did snag a couple of her during the creative process:



This girl LOVES markers and loves to color in backgrounds!  And although it was supposed to be a Christmas card, I am sure no one would begrudge her this sweet card, especially when you're told you're the best teacher in the WORLD!


And I hope you, my best blogger friends in the world, have a blessed day!


5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I really like how you layered everything on your card. I haven't used that set yet but I intend to make a January birthday card with it...can't rush into these things! Cassidy's card is precious, especially with the world picture. Your best blogger friends are blessed to have you blog!

JoAnn said...

Love your card LeAnne.
Cassidy's card is so cute and I am sure here teacher will love it.
Have a Blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Lisa Elton said...

I think that paper speaks to all of us crafty gals! This is fun LeAnne and so is the photo of Cassidy at work!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this paper....great card! And I love the look on Miss C's face as she creates!

jengd said...

Cute mix of papers and stamps and Cassidy did a fantastic job on her card too!