Sunday, December 10, 2017

PP374 Retro Christmas Colors


Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope you're having a great weekend!  It's the last Paper Players challenge of the year--wow, how did that happen?!  Sadly, we have to say goodbye to Deanne...her cards were always fun and funky, and brought a breath of fresh air to the Players!  We'll be taking a little break until January, but Claire is taking us out of 2017 with a bang!  Check out these colors:

 

If you've ever met Claire, you know that she is cheerful and bright, just like these colors, so it's no surprise she chose them!  I pulled out some oldies from my stash to go with some new colors to create a retro Christmas  card:


My trees from the retired set, Festival of Trees, were stamped in three of the challenge colors and mounted behind a diecut of Garden Green.  I added a little embossed Melon Mambo strip and star sequins that matched (mostly) each tree:


But my favorite part might be the little sprigs of holly I created with the Quilt Builder framelits and some pink sequins; I put these down in the corner for just another little kick of color:


The design team has outdone themselves with these fabulous colors....be sure to check them out:

·          Claire
·        Jaydee
·        Joanne
·        Laurie
·        Nance
·        Sandy
·        Deanne
·        Annie
·        Jan


We hope you'll play along too!  Can't wait to see what you create!

Some cuddle time!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Festival of Trees (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Garden Green, Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist
 Ink  Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink
Accessories Sequins (ret SU)
Tools     Big Shot, Quilt Builder Framelits, Holiday Frames Dies (Simon Says Stamp), Stitched Borders (Lawn Fawn)

11 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

That's such a great frame! I have it too and always forget about it. Festival of Trees is a wonderful set and that stylised tree really suits the colours.

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card makes me feel good all over! Love the colors Claire put together and the way you used the sequins. I had totally forgotten about the holly from the Quilt Builder so now I'll be able to finish off the card I made last night. You are a blessing!

Claire Broadwater said...

Leanne, thank you very much for those kind words. You made my day! So sweet of you!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. I couldn't wait to comment. I love anything retro. I am so excited I saved this stamp set because I am going to CAS this beautiful creation! The holly in those two shades is gorgeous and you know I adore those pink sequins! SO festive! You rocked my color challenge, My Friend! Have a wonderful week and Cassidy and that puppy are too cute for words! XX

Lori said...

Great card! Love the Merry Christmas frame and colorful Christmas trees! Happy Day to you, Lori

Dawn Tidd said...

This card is so fun, LeAnne! Those tree stamps are perfect for this challenge and a wonderful way to show off those colors! I love that sentiment die too! Cassidy looks like she's got a new friend for life!

stampwithsandy said...

Festival of Trees... yet another set that I sold and now miss! These graphic trees are so perfect for your brightly colored Christmas card. Love it!

laurie said...

So well designed...I LOVE it! So cute...right down to the sweet lil holly!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

bettystamps said...

This card is so fun!

Lisa Elton said...

OH my goodness is this ever fun!! Love the way you've used the colors. This is as pretty as can be LeAnne!

Nance Leedy said...

Great minds think alike, LeAnne! Your little tree is perfect for these retro colors. Love the layout and your sweet little sprig of holly. Such an awesome die-cut frame too. And speaking of sweet, Cassidy's new puppy is adorbs!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

SUPER fun! I am loving your retro card. And such a FUN layout too! Thanks for being awesome LeAnne <3