Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas Shadow Box


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I hope you had a good holiday...I had my first Christmas dinner in the new kitchen, and I wish I could say that I took a picture of the table, my family, the food, but I was so "in the zone" of cooking and entertaining, that I didn't get a shot!  But we all had a wonderful time....but boy, was I tired afterward!  But it was worth it!

We will be having our Christmas with John's family on Saturday, and we do a Pollyanna gift exchange.  I got my niece; she and her husband just bought a house and she asked for wall decor, so I thought an 8x8" Christmas shadow box would be a nice gift; her walls are dark gray, so that gave me a starting point; I used papers from Photoplay's Luke 2 6x6 pad and a plethora of stamps, embellishments and embossing:


Here's a little closer view; I should have photographed it before I put it behind the glass, LOL!  If you have any questions about any of the stamps or products, shoot me an email!  I was asked about the sizes of the squares; the DSP squares are 1 7/8" and the mats are 2" square.  My background is 8" square and I leave a border of 5/8" around each outer edge.  Hope that is helpful!


As usual, Cassidy did not want to have her picture taken at church on Christmas eve, but Mommy put her foot down and she gave me this cheesy grin, posing in front of one of our poinsettia trees:


Five minutes before, she had been quite wound up:


Well, it was Christmas eve, after all!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

12 comments:

Cathy A. said...

I love your shadow box. What a beautiful gift!

Mary Frances said...

I love your shadow box! Would you be able to provide the measurements of the paper squares? I would love to try one myself. Happy New Year!

Kampin' Karen said...

Your niece and husband will absolutely love this beautiful work of art. Those papers are fantastic. Can you imagine what Cassidy will be like as a teenager? Dana will have to put two feet down...lol! I loved her Christmas outfit. God bless!

LeAnne said...

Mary Frances, I am replying here in the hopes that you will see it since I don't have your email address! The square mats are 2", and the DSP pieces are 1 7/8". The background piece is 8",and I use a 5/8"border around the edges so that it will show in the frame nicely. Hope that helps!

Lisa Elton said...

What a special gift to be treasured for years to come! I'm sure she knows the love that went into it too. Beautifully done LeAnne! Cassidy looks adorable in front of the poinsettias, but the second picture says it all!!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this will be a treasured gift for years to come! What a wonderful idea, and your paper choices are fantastic, too!
All life's best in the New Year, sweet friend... and happy cooking in your beautiful new kitchen... xo
=]

Wendy said...

What a beautiful work of art, LeAnne! I'm sure your niece is going to treasure it! I really love the colors you used and how you decorated it! A lovely handstamped holiday gift...and just perfect, too! I'm so happy to hear you had Christmas dinner in your new kitchen! It's so pretty! TFS the pictures of Cassidy! She is really growing up! Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year to you & your family! Hugs~

MAry Frances said...

Thank you very much, this will be so helpful!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful shadow box. I bet your niece loved it.
Cassidy is so cute in her red gress.

mary said...

Beautiful gift! I'm not familiar with this paper line, can you give me more information about it. Thanks and "a blessed new year to you and your family".

LeAnne said...

Mary, the papers are from Photo Play and they are called Luke 2. I am pretty sure they are still available from various sources on the internet!

jengd said...

This is lovely! I really like the muted paper colors- so unusual for a Christmas project but lovely!