Wednesday, December 6, 2017

RRCB77 and MM268 Loads of Love


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I spent some time this morning in my craft room creating a "retro" card, because when I saw this inspiration photo at the Retro Rubber Challenge, I knew just what I wanted to create:

RRCB 77

Loads of Love came out in 2004, and I probably haven't used it in ten years!  I had the Accessories set as well, but for the life of me, couldn't put my finger on it, so my little red truck will just have to be parked for lack of a driver:


The images were stamped with Stazon on watercolor paper and colored in with an aquapainter and reinkers.  I added mats of Real Red and Wild Wasabi, then a liberal sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds for "snow".  I struggled with a sentiment to put on the front, but in the end, I left it blank (but I might still change my mind) so the recipient could take in all the retro fun....old truck, glistening pine trees and a little Santa hat perched on top of her Christmas tree:


Yep....see that little hat?!  I swiped some Real Red ink on a scrap of watercolor paper and then drew the hat around it, adding a wee tiny little Dazzling Diamonds pompom on top:


And here's the inside:



And finally, since the Merry Monday challenge is to create a card with a Santa hat, I'm entering it there---I know my hat is very small, but it's still a hat!


And Eden is not wearing a hat, but she does look like she's settled in for a long winter's nap, doesn't she?


Be blessed and enjoy your day!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Loads of Love (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Watercolor Paper, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
 Ink Stazon Black, Real Red, Basic Gray, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green
Accessories Dazzling Diamonds, 
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Squares Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Mini Dimensionals, Dimensionals,Black Marker, 1/8" Circle Punch, Aquapainter

13 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

If ever there was a stamp set that's made for the challenge picture, you've got it! The wee Santa hat made me smile. Great card, LeAnne. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Vickie said...

Boy have I made so many from that set....such a good one...good job...love the Santa's hat

barb mann said...

LOVE that old stamp set. Always a keeper! Very nice take on the challenge LeAnne. I'm really going to love your puppy posts too!

Lisa Elton said...

My late mother-in-law always said she thought a pick up truck should be red! Every time I see one I think of her. Thanks for the wonderful memories you brought to me tonight with you darling card! She would have loved the little Santa hat too. So many Christmas Eve's the santa hat would be passed around for everyone to have their photo in it!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Fun place for a Santa hat!

Debbie Mageed said...

Wonderful card that is perfect for our challenge, LeAnne. I have always loved that stamp set! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope to see you in the gallery again next year! LOL Happy Holidays!!

Susan Joyce said...

Love how you created and placed the Santa hat LeAnne. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

stampwithsandy said...

You totally rocked the Retro Rubber challenge, LeAnne! Your fun red truck is just perfect. But wait.... you got a puppy? How did I miss this?! She's beautiful!

Kelly Lunceford said...

So cute! I've always loved this set!!!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi LeAnne! I love loads of love! Why oh why didn't I use it for this challenge! Your truck looks festive and all those trees! Topped with a Santa hat?!?!? Love it! Whimsy at its best! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Neva Cole said...

Very sweet Santa Hat addition! What a fun creation you have shared with us at Retro Rubber, play again soon!

Katy McGloin said...

LeAnne, your CAS Christmas card is wonderfully sparkly as well as colored! Adding the Santa hat on top of the tree is a treat!! Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber. Hope to see you often in the New Year. Merry Christmas!!

Lady Joyful said...

Really fun card and I love the little hat atop the tree. Eden is just too cute - she sure looks cosy! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday Christmas Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, GDT