Friday, December 15, 2017

AYSI156 Special Delivery


Happy Friday, peeps!  Can you handle one more Christmas card?  I promise, I will have something different in the upcoming days!  But when I saw our As You See It sketch for this week, I had to create just one more:


No automatic alt text available.

I went pretty literal with here; I "forgot" that I had this tree punch, so when I rediscovered it, I knew it would work with those little trees on the sketch!.  I have used so many papers from the Carta Bella Christmas Delivery 6x6 pad that I have, they're almost all gone, but I had this print that I couldn't quite find a use for, and I think it worked nicely here with my green trees:


I can't remember the last time I used Always Artichoke, so I chose that for my base, and I stamped some greenery from November's Paper Pumpkin stamp set, and added some little dots from Christmas Pines all over to create a background (I forgot how fun that was to do!).  I gathered up some various scraps of DSP and punched out some trees, backing them with Always Artichoke, Old Olive and Mossy Meadow.  I added a little Riding Hood Red scallop at the bottom, a few sequins and some narrow silver washi tape, then finished it off with a silver and white baker's twine bow:


Of course, this sketch would be perfect for any occasion, as you will see if you visit the AYSI blog and peruse the designers' creations!  It would be awesome if you would share your creations with us as well!

While Cassidy was visiting Santa, she also made a craft....from the looks of it, she needed no help, I guess we've taught her well:



She made a stocking for Eden!


So precious!  I hope you have a blessed day and thanks so much for popping in!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Paper Pumpkin (Nov 2017), Christmas Pines
Card stock & Papers     Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow (ret), Riding Hood Red (ret), Christmas Delivery (Carta Bella), misc DSP scraps
 Ink Always Artichoke
Accessories White and silver Baker's Twine (ret), Sequins from my stash
Tools     Big Shot, Tree Punch (ret), Stitched Scallop Borders Dies (Lawn Fawn), Dimensionals, Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape

3 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

How sweet that she made a stocking for the puppy! Would you consider your card a collage effect? No matter what it is, I like it!

Dawn Tidd said...

This is the cutest card, LeAnne. I love your combo of colors, stamps and embellishments!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh this is CUTE! I like all of the little sprigs in the background and those cute trees! Cassidy did a wonderful job on Eden's stocking, she's such a sweetheart!