Thursday, December 28, 2017

Blessed to Call You Friend


Happy Thursday, peeps!  We are hunkering down here in PA, trying to stay warm in the frigid temps we are having!  At least we are not in Erie, which has over 60" of snow....in just a couple of days!  Yikes!  I made a very quick card yesterday using some new goodies I received from my dear friend Martha!  I needed a birthday card for a special friend and these fit the bill perfectly:


I started with some Riding Hood Red ink, stamping my sentiments from Technique Tuesday (So Blessed) over top some florals (Altenew's Beautiful You), which were stamped in Smoky Slate and watercolored with some Crushed Curry ink.  I pulled out some bright papers from Bo Bunny's Kiss the Cook line along with a Coastal Cabana card, and added a retired SU ribbon to fit underneath my stitched oval Very Vanilla panel.  


My only other embellishment was a little enamel dot at the end of "blessed"!!  So cute!  


Thanks so much for popping in today!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new As You See It challenge, too!

Cassidy is on Christmas vacation this week, so we did some creative things yesterday!  She did some beginner origami in school last month, so I got her a little origami kit with projects of three levels of difficulty!  Of course, she had to try all three levels!  These papers not only have the lines printed directly on them for easy folding, they are also printed with patterns and faces as well, and there are stickers you can add for a more realistic effect!  Here's the puppy, which was a beginner:



And of course, we had to do an intermediate (turtle) and the advanced, most of which Grammy did, a giraffe:


It was fun!  She's already planned which ones she's going to do next!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I am enamored with the sentiment! It's so much fun to work with paper and ink. I'm glad that Cassidy feels that way too. Her expressions crack me up. Where did you find the origami kit?

JoAnn said...

Love your sweet card with that sentiment.
Cute pics of Cassidy. Looks like she is having fun.

Wendy said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnne! Love the papers, colors and the sentiment! Definitely a special card!! Cute origami kit! Cassidy looked as though she was enjoying it and the outcome was pretty awesome! TFS and stay warm!

Vickie said...

You are so good with Cassidy LeAnne....so happy that your giraffe was not the turtle...because I was thinking it looked like a giraffe...both are very good...Looks like you had a beautiful Christmas.
Blessings...

Lisa Elton said...

This is extra pretty LeAnne! We had that paper in one of our 12 Kits and I loved it! The little enamel dot was the perfect accent. What a fun gift for Cassidy, she did a great job!! I look forward to things like this with Sweet P!

Jan Clothier said...

Really pretty! I like the quilted effect of the paper. Although the paper itself is very busy, it serves to create a visual oasis that lets the sentiment shine. Lovely work.

Linda Callahan said...

I love the bright colors on your card! And we are freezing too here in NY! Winter has announced its arrival for sure!