Thursday, June 16, 2016

SIP52 Touches of Texture Thank You


Hey, peeps, hope you are all doing well!  Having an active five-year-old around all day is kicking my butt and keeping me out of my stamp room!  Phew!  I got some new goodies and finally was able to sit down and play with them for about an hour....this card uses the new In Color Peekaboo Peach and a new stamp set called Touches of Texture...what an awesome set, full of floral images and cool textures.  I used a lot of them on my card but still have some to play with yet!


I stamped the background of the floral image twice for each flower:  positioning and stamping it once, and then I turned the image a quarter turn and stamped again without reinking...it filled out the flower a little bit so that when I stamped the outline over top in Early Espresso, it had more depth to it.  I stamped a few of the stemmed floral images on the card base; stamped the speckles and the stems amidst the flowers, and finally, stamped the bee and colored it with a blender pen and some PP ink:


I stamped the smaller flower on a piece of scrap and stamped the grid design over top and fussy cut it out, then popped it up with a dimensional.  Some torn Early Espresso cardstock and a sentiment from Flourishing Phrases finished it off!  

I am going to enter this in the Stamp Ink Paper anniversary challenge, too, because this is my NEW favorite stamp!  And I love peach, so it might be my new favorite color too! Thanks for visiting today!

Our poor little swamp maple in the back yard is 25 years old and slowly dying.  The branches keep breaking off and a big one was hanging precariously, so John got the ladder and took it down. Cassidy was sure she could break it up by herself:


But Grampy had to come in and help:


The next thing I know, they've rigged up a "contraption", which I am sure was Cassidy's idea! Grampy fastened each stick to a bungee cord and Cassidy "hauled" them all up to the top of the slide:


where she slid them down the slide:


and into the garden cart!  Now this is sort of a Rube Goldberg affair, but it kept her occupied for quite a while!


Of course, Grampy had the job of upturning the cart, then Cassidy loaded the sticks into the burn box so we can have a fire in our chimeria later this summer!


Five-year-old ingenuity!  Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous set, and color, LeAnne!!! LOve the torn piece of brown cardstock - what a beauty of a card! Hand on to your hat [and tree] if the storm we had last night reached you ... looks a mess 'round here this morning... can I borrow Miss C? =] =] xx

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Love your beautiful card LeAnne! That little bit of brown torn cardstock peeking out of the side is awesome! :) Oh my goodness is that a cute little contraption they made for loading up the branches :) Simply adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week. :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, how PRETTY is this LeAnne!! Love your color choice and your stamping is marvelous. A wonderful summer card. That Cassidy never ceases to amaze me with her creativity!! Oh and guess what Sweet P did the other day??!! Our DIL took her to a terrific local park they've found near their house with a toddler section. The sand box is a hit with Sweet P. She took ALL of the sand toys and LINED them up on the edge of the box!! Yep all in a row just like a certain someone else you know LOL!!! Thought you would get a kick out of that!!

stampwithsandy said...

This is so, so pretty LeAnne! I love the colors and now I am going to have to check out that stamp set. Love Cassidy's branch removal process, too! It's always a pleasure to have you join us at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Cassidy and Grampy sure do work well together don't they? I can imagine that for Grampy sometimes the jobs must seem like they take twice as long as it normally would, but I can tell he's a good sport about it.
This card is beautiful LeAnne. I love the way you did the flowers and added the extra depth to them. They look great. I'm interested in this new set too. I love the new In Colours and can't wait to get my order.

Gingin said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne! Those flowers are beautiful in Peekaboo Peach! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

Unknown said...

This set didn't speak to me at all when I saw it in the catalog, but your card makes me want it now. I love your card! Simple, but certainly not plain and very fresh.