Monday, June 20, 2016

IM254 and JAI316 You're A Peach


Happy Monday, all!  I did a DSP paper share with a few of my customers, and I couldn't wait to play with some of the new designer papers!  My card today features the sketch from In{k}Spire Me, as well as the "Stripes" challenge from Just Add Ink!


I used some papers from Fruit Stand and an image from a retired Hostess set called Silhouettes and Script:


I realize that I should have placed my peach a little lower...hope the DT doesn't mind!  I stamped my peach in Peekaboo Peach and Pear Pizzazz, and since the peaches on the DSP have a watercolored look, and my image was rather flat, I added some shading with a blender pen and Flirty Flamingo ink, even on the leaf....can you spot it?


I really like how the shading turned out!  I added some Pear Pizzazz ribbons to continue the stripes theme.   Thanks for popping in!

Cassidy made a bed for her big doll by putting two wooden chairs together and used her pillow for the mattress:


She'll be a good mommy someday!


Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

Rachel Jolley said...

What a lovely, lovely card!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the paper!!! Your highlighted stamping is fabulous, LeAnne - yes, I do see that teensy bit of peachy goodness on the leaf! C will be a good mommy... she has very good role models, and a fantastic imagination - a firm foundation if I've ever seen one! xx
=]

Anonymous said...

Great use of the stripes - and such lovely colours. Chantell JAI

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea to combine the DSP with the retired peach-stamp! Don't worry about the placement. I love your card anyway. ;-) Thanks for joining us at Inkspire me. Marion

Lisa Elton said...

Well now isn't this just yummy!! Fabulous stamping LeAnne. Sweet little mama Cassidy is!!

Nikki Spencer said...

That peach looks good enough to eat LeAnne. Love your pretty take on our Just Add Ink stripes challenge. Thanks for joining us this week.

Patrice said...

This is such a lovely, fresh card, LeAnne. I love how you've incorporated your stripes two ways. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x