Monday, June 13, 2016

MTS128


Hi everyone!  Monday mornings are a challenge aren't they?!  But it's a new day, a new set of possibilities! John & I want to thank everyone who offered condolences on the passing of his dad...they are very much appreciated!

I had a few minutes yesterday to play with the Match the Sketch sketch..they always have such nice ones:


I am loving the papers in the Serene Scenery tablet, but sometimes they can be a bit challenging!  I have found that stamping a big honkin' sentiment right on the paper works great!  This time I used one from Friendly Wishes and stamped it in Chocolate Chip...haven't used that one for a while! Check it out:


Isn't that dandelion paper the sweetest?  I cut out a scalloped square of Chocolate Chip cardstock with SU's new Layered Scallop Squares and used the crosshatch image from Best Birds to stamp on it. You all probably know this, but if you want a subtle color on your background, use Versamark ink....it doesn't overpower the cardstock like it might if you used a regular ink pad! It's not just for embossing!  I stamped the sunflower from Every Occasion (let's pretend that it's a dandelion) in Basic Black ink on watercolor paper, then colored it with an aquapainter and Crushed Curry and Delightful Dijon inks:



I added a little tiny shadow around the image with a Sahara Sand marker, some speckles, and mounted it on a Crushed Curry circle mat; the ribbon is some retired chevron that worked well with my color theme!  Hope you like it!

Speaking of pretending, my friend Claudia snapped this photo yesterday on the playground at church:


Cassidy is playing school with Claudia's grandkids...she is telling them to "line up"...sound familiar?!  LOL!  You can see that they're way up high, too....school in the sky!

Enjoy your day and be blessed!

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Like it? LOve it, LeAnne - it just says SUMMERTIME to me! Fabulous colors, VersaMark stamping, and you are SO right about that dandelion paper ... I see an educator in your future!
=]

mudmaven said...

Oh my - I was being so good with not ordering tons of dsp too! This is gorgeous and I now have a new order getting ready to go as I had to have that paper and those stamp sets! You are a bad influence! ~chris

Kampin' Karen said...

I am learning so much from you...I did not know about the Versa Mark ink as I am a fairly new stamped...started full time in September. I still have much to learn. This card is beautiful.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, this one is oozing with summer prettiness LeAnne!! That dandelion paper is delightful!! Cute photo of the kiddos ;)

Fanny said...

Deine Karte ist ein tolles Werk geworden, die Details gefallen mir sehr gut. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch, viel Glück bei der Challenge und der Verlosung. Viele liebe Grüße, Fanny von www.stampinwithfanny.de

Linda Callahan said...

Love your card and you just made me laugh out loud! I never know what to do with those picture papers and now I do! I am going to stamp a big honkin' sentiment right on them! Lololol