Sunday, June 19, 2016

Paper Players 300 - A BIG Celebration!


Howdy peeps!  I am so excited! Today is the Paper Player's 300th challenge! Woohoo!  I am honored to say that I've been a member since day one, when Lesley asked me to be on the design team of her first challenge!  What a ride!  I have had so much fun, made lots of friends and been inspired by all the creativity of the design team as well as guest designers!

Now on to this week's challenge... It's a Clean and Simple theme challenge from Jaydee: Celebration! To celebrate this occasion we have blog candy to give away, and lots of it! The team has assembled not one, not two, but ten grab bags full of stamping goodness! To be eligible to win one, all you need to do is play along with our challenge this week. You can play as many times as you like, but each needs to be a new project (no back linking, please) and see The Paper Players blog for our other challenge rules. Winners will be selected from all PP300 challenge participants using Random.org and will be posted on Saturday, June 25.


I know that "clean and simple" means a lot of different things to different people, but to me, it means lots of white space, limited stamps and elements and usually, but not always, one layer!  I finally had a chance to play with Swirly Bird...on my first new catalog order, I ordered the framelits and forgot to order the stamp!  So it finally arrived and I used Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Mint Macaron and Dapper Denim for my one-layer card:


I created a mask by stamping the solid image on a post-it note and cutting it just within the stamped edges.  After I stamped my center flower on SU's heavyweight white cardstock, I stuck the mask on and stamped the other two beside it.  I stamped leaves from Foxy Friends as well as Swirly Birds, placing them randomly behind the flowers, then added some speckles and a partial sentiment from Suite Sayings in Dapper Denim.  I admit, I did cut apart my sentiment (the bottom portion said "you" and had some greenery) but it is easily reassembled on my block if I want to use it whole again!  I added some white Perfect Accents and some sequins from my stash!


My final touch was to round one corner of the card to complement the rounded florals! For inspiration, I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch, and Inkspirational had a masking challenge, so this qualifies for that as well!

           

Now, you might ask, what am I giving away as a prize??!!  My goodies will be a mystery surprise package - you won't be disappointed!  Most of the items are brand-new, a couple might be gently used, but still quite usable!  SO....do you want to play?  Do you want to win some goodies? Of course you do!  Please hop over to the Paper Players to see all the details as well as the beautiful samples from the team!  And let's CELEBRATE!!!

Miss Silly Girl!




18 comments:

None None said...

Congratulations, LeAnne! 300 PP posts later and you are still going strong!! Love the colors of today's card and the masking you did to create that beautiful floral arrangement. Best wishes for another 300 PP posts! :)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the design. Congratulations on 300 posts for PP.
Cute pic of Cassidy.

mudmaven said...

300 PP challenge posts - congratulations! I love this challenge too but don't play along as much as I would like - might have to jump in on this one though. Love this card and what a sweet silly girl she is! ~chris

Linda Callahan said...

I always knew you were an original.....lol! Your card is lovely.....sweet sweet flowers! I am loving that Dapper Denim! Looking forward to your next 300!

Jen Mitchell said...

Congratulations on 300! Wow, that is quite an achievement and I can't wait to play along! Your card is fantastic. It's perfectly CAS!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! Your masking worked out perfectly! Beautiful colors and the layout is amazing! Have a wonderful week! XX

I Card Everyone said...

You are a keeper, LeAnne! From day one! Congratulations ... One-layer never looked so beautiful!
=]

Anita in France said...

This is just lovely, LeAnne ... such soft, gorgeous colours ... and the most perfect speckling! Sweet photo ... congratulations on 300 PPs! Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Well congrats to you too LeAnne for being with the team from the beginning!! Your card is perfectly CAS and perfectly beautiful!! Cassidy looks cute in her hat!

laurie said...

One layer cards are so difficult but you make it look EZ! I love the stamping ..such pretty blooms. What a great card for our celebration!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, one layer cards are so hard, but you managed to capture so much texture, color and movement that you wouldn't believe it was a OLC at first glance. CAS perfection - and I love that color scheme, too. So glad to be a PP with you
hugs
jaydee

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite cards using this new SU set! I just may have to CASE you, so be warned, LOL. Very pretty. You should be one of their top picks this week in my opinion.

stampwithsandy said...

A perfectly beautiful one layer creation, LeAnne. I'm loving those swirly flowers.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh LeAnne this is a lovely one layer card. I am so impressed with your masking and the color choices are gorgeous! What a legacy you've created on TPP--here's to 300 more!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love this card LeAnne - gorgeous in blue and perfectly CAS, using one of my favourite new sets. I love the splatters and sequins that add wonderful extra detail. Congratulations on your 300th challenge - here's to the next 300!

Ann Schach said...

From layout to colors, this card is clean and simple perfection! I absolutely love it! Thank you for inviting me back to be part of the 300th challenge!

Marina said...

Great design, love your shades of blue. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time!

Shauna said...

What a fantastic card! I love the swirly embellishments and the clean design. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna