Sunday, June 26, 2016

Paper Players 301 Toadally Awesome


Happy Sunday, peeps....the days are just flying by!  How can it be almost July already!  And it's time for another Paper Players challenge!  Joanne is our creative hostess this week with a great sketch for us:


Hmmm, lots and lots of possibilities here!  I wanted to use some neglected stamps in my stash and I had never inked up this little toad from You're Sublime:


I stamped him in Stazon and watercolored him with Cucumber Crush and Bermuda Bay inks, then mounted him on two Swirly Scribbles diecuts, one in Bermuda Bay and the other in Emerald Envy:

 

They went on a panel of Soft Sky which was embossed with the Softly Falling EF and lightly sponged with Mint Macaron, then the whole shebang was mounted on some Moroccan DSP!  I did add a few green pearls from a past Paper Pumpkin kit for fun.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment again, masking off the image, and diecut it with a Nestability banner die.  Sort of a silly card, but it will be cute for a little boy's birthday, I think!  You can check out what the rest of the DT did by clicking here:

Grammy's (albeit dirty) garden card makes a fun ride!

 



Enjoy your day!

12 comments:

Doris said...

This card is truly awesome! I love how you designed it, the colors you chose and the embellishments. What put it over the top is the EF and sponging you used, accenting the bumps on a toad or frog. I also enjoy your Cassidy pics!

I Card Everyone said...

Toadily awesome, LeAnne!!! LOve these colors! And I want a ride on that cart! xx
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

This is an adorable card, LeAnne! I love the toad on the swirls. They remind me of a lily pad!

That Cassidy will be on a skateboard next!

Linda Callahan said...

Toadally adorable! Love the green bumpy backdrop......lol......very toad like! And that Cassidy is in it to win it!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is this!! Love this little fella LeAnne, adorable card!! The things little ones pick out to play with over their toys! Looks like she was having FUN!!

Nance Leedy said...

What a great card, LeAnne! You've combined a whole bunch of different stamps and elements into a toadally awesome creation. It will make anyone smile! Great coloring and I love the swirls behind Mr. Toad--awesome!

*Vicki* said...

How stinkin' cute is that frog?!! Really fun card LeAnne! :)

Bonnie said...

I think this would work perfectly for a gal too! Love the design!

laurie said...

Toadally cute card! I like the fun details you added to make it so special.

Cassidy is always coming up with great ideas...looks so fun:)

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne this is adorable! Love that cute little froggie!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Toadally awesome indeed - I love your cute frog card! I think its the swirls and embossed panel that really make it stand out LeAnne - great take on my sketch this week!

Jaydee said...

I toadaly love this card! The little green pearls are the perfect finishing touch to her "lily pad". Wonderful card.
hugs
jaydee