Friday, June 17, 2016

FMS241 Thinking of You


Happy Friday, all!  I snuck in some stamping time while Cassidy took a bath yesterday afternoon! Here's the FMS sketch I used:


Since I already had Touches of Texture on my desk, and was playing around with watercoloring it, I decided to punch it out and make it the focal point of my card.  I added a panel of DSP (Scenic Scenery) and some Early Espresso cardstock, both diecut with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders:


To make the image pop a little more, I added a stitched circle die around my flower (Lil'Inkers):


The image is stamped in Stazon Black on watercolor paper and colored with an aquapainter and Crushed Curry, Delightful Dijon and Early Espresso inks!  The sentiment is from a past Paper Pumpkin kit, stamped in Early Espresso.  My final touch was to stamp and cut out the bee, then stamp it again on the card and pop it up with a sliver of dimensional!  Thanks for popping in today!

These are the tootsies of a little country girl who loves to run around barefoot in the grass, dirt and on blacktop, hence the bath in the middle of the day!


And really, the picture didn't do them justice...they needed scrubbin'!!

8 comments:

Rachel Jolley said...

What a gorgeous card, just love everything about it, especially the curved border! Oh those sweet tootsies, even though very grubby lol!

I Card Everyone said...

Looks like you are two cards into a fabulous set with this Touches of Texture, LeAnne! [Cassidy, I still like barefoot the best!! shh!] xx
=]

stampwithsandy said...

Pretty card! I love sunflowers! I may not be a country girl but I like to run around barefoot, too!

Lisa Elton said...

A perfectly charming country card! Oh those little feet :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a gorgeous card! I am going to have to case this one I think. You always do such beautiful work with your aquapainter. My aquapainter and I have never gotten along very well:( I love the curvy border dies here too.
I can imagine those feet would need some scrubbing;)

Kim S said...

So charming!! (The card - and even the dirty feet!!) LOVE the dimension and the color you got with your watercoloring. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda Callahan said...

Your flower is so pretty and I.love the stitched hills! So cute how you popped up the bee!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, LeAnne! This is a stunning design! I love the way you colored the flower and the dimensional bee. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!