Thursday, June 23, 2016

CAS for GDP41


Happy Thursday, peeps!  I was intrigued by the colors in the Global Design Project challenge this week:

I toyed around with several ideas, none of which worked for me and finally ended up with this very simple design using diecuts from three different sets!  In hindsight, I think I could have spaced the berries a little differently, but this one is what it is, as my boss used to say!:


I began by stamping the big splatter from Touches of Texture in Sweet Sugarplum ink on my card base (I stamped first on scrap paper so I could get a lighter effect), then added a swirly diecut from Swirly Scribbles thinlits in Sweet Sugarplum; then the berries using the Flourish thinlits and Night of Navy, and finally the little bird from Birds & Blooms thinlits:

 

The wee little bird was popped up with a sliver of a dimensional...isn't he sweet?  Finally, a sentiment from Watercolor Wishes:


I just love the fonts in these sentiments, and I think this sentiment in particular could be used for so many occasions!  Thanks for popping in today!

Ah, the giggles and laughter of two five-year-olds in a kiddie pool on a warm summer day!




Check out that hair!  Wheeeeee!

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

What a fun card, LeAnne! Love the splatter stamping, and of course the little bird! Look at those cool kids - and OH would I love to have clothes lines! xx
=]

Lisa Elton said...

That is a sweet little bird and your card is charming!! Ahhh, to be a child again!!

Paula Dobson said...

Sometimes it is the simplest designs that are the best. I love what you came up with here! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.

Kylie Bertucci said...

Awww that's so cute to see the kids playing. Great sweet and simple card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx