Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sympathy


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  My card today is for a school friend who lost both her elderly mother and father within a day of each other...even when you know their end is near, it's never easy and I am not sure if losing both together is less stressful or more.  So I made a sympathy card using a past Paper Players sketch that I really liked.  For this card, I used new DSPs from Blooms and Bliss along with some florals from Swirly Bird:


I stamped the florals in Island Indigo, Mint Macaron and Crumb Cake; the open flowers were colored in with ink and a blender pen.  I added some scallop borders and mats, and a wee little linen thread bow!  I added some white sequins from my stash as well:


My outside sympathy sentiment is from an older Paper Pumpkin kit; the inside is from Flourishing Phrases along with a cross from All God's Grace:


Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy & Mommy went on a day trip to the Philadelphia Zoo!  

This photo cracks me up because she really looks like she knows what she's doing....even though she is just learning to read, she puts on a good show!


I'll bet these fountains were cool on a hot summer day!



And I would love to know what was going on in the handler's mind when she made THIS face, LOL!!  Hopefully it was just the sun in her eyes!


Enjoy your day!


6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne your stamping is as gorgeous as the DP! OH MY - even the horse is wondering about that face [or did he cause it?] In all my trips to Philly, I've never gone to the zoo - yay for Cassidy! xx
=]

stampwithsandy said...

Such a pretty card. Love the colors and the layout. I think the pony next door just lifted its tail, lol!

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! The colors are stunning and I'm sure your friend will appreciate this. The zoo was always a fun Summer trip with the boys when they were young. Super fun! :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love this card - particularly how well the stamps co-ordinate with the papers. I hope it brings you friend some comfort. That photo of Cassidy on the horse (or rather handler!) is just so funny!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Sweet sympathy card, LeAnne. I love the stamping with the DSP. I'm going to keep this in mind the next time I need a sympathy card! Looks like Cassidy & Dana had fun!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's loss LeAnne. The card you made her is incredible. Love the colors you used and the design. Looks like Cassidy had a good time at the zoo!!